Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

kgb run

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:00 pm

we had a good time, it was me, bill, randy woods,kathy, brother jon in his newly built yj and brother butch in his newly built toyota landcruiser. all in all it was a good day on the trails unless you were bill who had his upper control joice break off of the rear axle on a green trail, its ok bill we all know it was allready cracked lol! . we bandaged him up with a strap and he went back to the trailers to load up, followed by randy. so the rest of us proceeded on and hit big rock and a few other blue trails after randy caught back up with us. butch and jon both had some issues with overheating that they have to fix at a later date. butch forgot to turn his radiator fan on and allot of fluid leaked out of his overflow. so he had to open his cap to let the pressure of knowing that it was going to spew he was quick and carefull. i tell you i never seen a fountain of fluid go so high (about 25 feet). after we filled it back up , took our time and he was off again. we went to the comp course and met back up with bill who spotted us up a couple of big rock faces that was proven to be too much for anybody BUT randy woods in his bronco, it was very impressive. he climbed right up both faces like it was nothing 9 WOW. it was the perfect show b-4 the departure. GOOD TIMES any pics or videos would be nice to post since i have none OH YEAH RANDY IS SELLING HIS BRONCO FOR 10K HE HAS 25K INVESTED. GOOD DEAL here are some pics https://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee227/Madness-N-Mayhem/RC%202008%20Oct%2011/

Last edited by vonsjeep on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: Re: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:24 pm

Best I can figure is I really tweaked the rear truss on the comp course two weeks ago. I was just driving along and felt a lurch and then another and shut it down. One side of the truss was completely off the axle and jammed against the fuel tank skid and the other side was peeled back from front to back with about 1/2 " left attaching it. Strapped the truss back to the axle and around the pinion and limped home. I took it apart today and found both rear coilover bolts bent, the truss was bent slightly and cracked in the milddle. The failure was not at the welds but instead at the metal just above the welds because the ends still welded to the axle. I may need a new truss but I'm not giving up yet. I'm reinforcing the truss and will weld it back on and build trusses for the truss until it holds.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: Re: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:08 pm

I'm going with Fire Pit...speaking of which, where is that video?!
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: Re: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:20 am

I still haven't gotten it. I keep bugging him but no luck yet. must be having trouble figuring out that new phone.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: Re: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:09 am

So why was Jon using his hood as a roof?
I'm sure he can get a used Bikini Top for pretty cheap if need be cheers
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: Re: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:38 am

why spend the money on a bikini top when he has a dual purpose hood? Convertible hood that you can remove from the engine to keep the motor cool and strap up on the cage to keep the sun from burnin ya or to keep ya dry.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: Re: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 pm

well, when i got back home, i unloaded the jeep and the next morning after i washed it up the guy from Oklahoma got there around 3 pm after driving 24 hours and staying at hotels for 2 days, bought and took my jeep away into the distance. YES MY JEEP IS GONE. time to focus on the buggy more. however it was a very nice going away ride for me
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: Re: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:36 pm

here are jons pics https://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/vonbierman/jon%20von%20butch%20jeep%20run/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

kgb run Empty
PostSubject: Re: kgb run   kgb run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kgb run
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free At Last :: Post trail stories and discussions-
Jump to: