Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Wrench Party

Go down 
+5
mdcj7
Rockn93YJ
ffhill61
UPNOVER
Paul
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul
Open/Open
Open/Open
Paul

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:09 am

I don't know about the rest of you but I need to do some wrenching of my rig to get ready for spring wheelin. I don't have a garage, but I have a large yard, driveway, and plenty of tools, welder, air compressor etc. I am willing to host unless someone else has a more suitable location for a day of wrenching.(Hint: indoor, heated location) My cookers are ready to smoke up some great barbecue for all who want to host or just participate with a helping hand. Anyone could bring their rig if it needs mechanical attention. All I need to do for now is change out my front hubs, Repair my on-board air and add some lights,which is not too difficult. I am willing to help with any others who require assistance.
Lets throwout some ideas and get our hands dirty.

Paul Sobwick XJ
Back to top Go down
http://tracauction.com
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: re   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:25 am

I am all in for that...... I am not sure as of yet what I need to get done on the new rig but I will be there to help everyone else too..

I dont have a garage to offer but as usual my truck is full of tools.

Let me know when......

UPNOVER
Back to top Go down
ffhill61
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
ffhill61

Male
Number of posts : 37
Emploi : Firefighter
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:44 pm

I would like to attend. Good chance to meet a few of you guys. I really have nothing to offer no tools, no skills, and no garage, but would still like to attend.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:41 pm

when were you thinking of doing this?
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:13 pm

if I can make it I give you a hand I been working 6 days a week and it hard to turn down overtime when you got two Jeeps to support.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Just let me know when, hopefully not a Satruday, casue I got to work. But otherwise I'm there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Paul
Open/Open
Open/Open
Paul

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:14 am

Why don't we throw out a couple of dates and see what works out for the most of us.
Sundays would work for me but maybe we should think about Saturdays too because if we are running late repairing someones junk it can be completed on the next day. Nothing ever goes as planned when your banging on metal.
Weather permitting:
January 24th 25 or Feb 7th -8th ?
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 am

Several of the members are going out wheeling on the 24th to celebrate Patty's birthday on the trails, but the 25th would work for me, if not the February 8th would work too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Paul
Open/Open
Open/Open
Paul

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:45 am

Some thoughts!
Is there anyone out there that has a garage to work in to hold the wrenching party. I will still provide some award winning bbq for lunch. The temperatures for the next couple of months may not be conducive for working outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:18 pm

No garage but would be willing to help.
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
crazyjimmy

Male
Number of posts : 66
Emploi : United States Navy Retired
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Cold is only in the mind   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 am

I have a little heater I use in my garage, not big enough to work in but makes a nice little shed. I do all my work in the driveway. Warm up in the shed and head back out.

Best part of the cold is when you bust a knuckle, it dont hurt till it warms up.

Like MDCJ7 I am working every time they offer overtime, but let us know when and I will try to be there.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Depending on the dates that are picked and the work load at the shop I would be able to offer my shop if the group is willing to come down to VA. The shop is in the 20164 zip. I have room for 6-10 jeeps large lot for the trailers, 110 welder, 80 gallon air compressor, 2 grinders, bathroom, heat and a bunch of tools. All are welcome but I would ask that no one brings children that are to little or not a custom to garage/workshop enivorment.

It depends on the work load in the next month to come but it could be getting slow. I know that I can not do the weekend of feb 7th.

Last, if it was at my shop it would have to be a saturday I have tried this with friends before and works great till monday morning when I have to use the fork lift to get your rig out of the shop for my guys to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrench Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench Party   Wrench Party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrench Party
Page 1 of 1