Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

backpack trip

Go down 
+2
Locked_N_Loaded
md4wheelin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:04 am

Just wondering if sometime during the spring some people would be interested in a back pack trip on the C&O canal. Basically its a 5 mile hike in sat (1/2 a day walk) then you camp, fish, and party it up sat night. Then hike back out sun afternoon. I used to do this with my family and had a great time as long as you don't mind the walk. We could also do this with canoes but I don't own any to make that happen.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 am

I'm not sure how much beer I can carry for 5 miles...maybe jose will hike with me though. This could be fun though I was thinking of suggesting just a simple camping trip as well. It's tough for all of us to get our junk together and needless to say, we have a blast camping and partying together. I wouldn't mind looking into a few locations, I love getting out in the woods.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:01 am

I'm up for something like that!

If we didn't want to walk far in the woods we could always throw an old sofa outside a trailer in Bill's old neighborhood and crack a few beers at around 10am.... king
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:12 am

never fear nick I have the beer thing covered. We would take turns pulling a wagon down the trail and that way you can get a few cases of beer to the camp site no problem. Best of all you were forced to drink it all because you don't want to carry it back king

Last edited by md4wheelin on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:27 pm

I knew I could count on you Joe king
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:56 pm

hillbillieyism at its best sdfjgkjdbkhjdger
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male
Number of posts : 103
Emploi : piccotek
Registration date : 2007-09-22

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:07 am

If it is on the c&o we could mountain bike the cases in to camp... I have a rack on the bike and could make one or two supply runs...

Have you considered annapolis rocks? They have a spring on top of the cliffs and rough camping along the AT and at the top of the cliffs - we would have to make some provisions to keep everyone from walking off the cliffs after drinking...

Is close and less than 3 miles hike to the camp sites.

If this works out I also have a couple of climbing ropes and toprope gear to get out on the rock face.... Maybe this should be another trip....

http://www.ttc.umd.edu/gallery2/v/yearspast/fall2004/f04-annapolis-rocks/
http://www.localhikes.com/Hikes/AnnapolisRock_8872.asp
http://www.climbingsource.com/LocalBeta/Maryland/annapolisrocks.html
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:41 am

I'll keep my rock climbing limited to my fat ass belted into my Jeep.

I do like the idea of getting a camping trip though and I'm down for wherever you guys decide.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:43 pm

hmmmm, I'm not to much into rock climbing that requires ropes. I hate heights with a passion unless some one is paying me. Reason I like the c&o cannal is because we can fish or swim once we get to camp. Though I am open to other options for camping trips including tubes, boats, and canoes.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Coming from the guy who used to climb trees!!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:28 pm

i still do, but like I said unless people are giving me money to jump off a crane at a 100 ft plus, there's no way you would catch me doing it.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:47 pm

connordanny wrote:
I'm up for something like that!

If we didn't want to walk far in the woods we could always throw an old sofa outside a trailer in Bill's old neighborhood and crack a few beers at around 10am.... king
lol!
Old house is not on the market yet and it just so happens i have an old sofa that doubles as a battering ram that can be used. i'm not sure I really want to fit in down there though.
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male
Number of posts : 103
Emploi : piccotek
Registration date : 2007-09-22

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:19 am

I could kick in a buck to get Joe on a rope... Actually it is really fun top roping and very safe.

Same time a weekend of fishing, swiming, and camping sounds like a great plan pick a date. We could canoe supplies into camp from up river depending on the location.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:37 am

Definitely count me in for this one... don't need my heap back together for it... and I get to hang out with you guys again... win win for me.
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
Sponsored content

backpack trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: backpack trip   backpack trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

backpack trip
Page 1 of 1