Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Harlan KY 09

Go down 
+6
Rockn93YJ
jealos-z
rockdw72
mdcj7
md4wheelin
Locked_N_Loaded
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 am

Sorry, I have to make it official. Even though Nester and I both thought we'd be on our way to Harlan KY tomorrow morning (apparently excitement fogged reading comprehension), plans changed and next week is a go. When I thought this was this week I thought who the hell else could make a last minute ditch to Harlan. Called Nester figuring with both work for our grumpy old man and it was looking like a go, but I'm dumb! Anyway, I'll still be making the trip with Joe, Mandy and Matt next week!!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bouncing in excitement. Matt will be coming along for the adventure in both seats and you all have seen the trouble the 2 of us AND Joe can get into. I'm pumped and just hope the Jeep cooperates with me. Actually spent some money on the rig for the first time in I'd say 8 months or more. Got new rear Bilstein 5100 shocks, new shock mounts, fixed the rear brake line and calipers, new bumpstops and thanks to Randy Wood I'll have the yukon super joint grease and rebuild kits at my door by tuesday or wednesday just in case!

Look like some very entertaining trails!!

Another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoucKqukiI

Pirate thread - Harlan Must hit trails

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782063

I want to do Lion's Den and watch the grand windows pop rig by rig Twisted Evil

More:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787783
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683745
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 pm

i'm glad I changed my mind about going and i'm really siked now that you and matt are going sdsfhhgdigdhfo As of last night the jeep was mechanically ready to rock and roll. Which gives me all weekend to do all the small crap that i've been putting off on the jeep and truck. Hell it will be nice to clean my truck so all the mexican funk is out of it for a change. I'm alot more confident with the jeep now that i have alot of the small issues worked out.

As for next week, nick did you and matt want to come over wed night so we can get everything squared away in the trucks for the weekend? I really think we should sit down and come up with a list on who is bringing what so we don't double pack stuff or forget something all together.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Joe, I planned on coming down wednesday night so that sounds like the plan. What I'm concerned about is the camping arrangements. Do we have a specific site for X amount of people or is it big dogs style in a field? When I was looking at those pirate threads last night I saw they suggested the one specific campground.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:35 pm

where are you guys staying is the camp site right on the trail head. If so it's a great camp ground.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:57 am

Not sure yet Paul. I was hoping you were gonna chime in here. I was actually gonna try to get ahold of you for some info. The picture of that campsite you had when you went has been in my head since I've seen it.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:59 am

The GSSE group has numbers 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 reserved so when we get there we just need to grab a site close to those. were meeting up with a few more people in va on the way down that will also be sharing a site with us. Come to think of it you know the guys, its the other matt from bigdogs and the guy that had that black wj on 1 tons that was also with matt at bigdogs.

I think the best part is that were meeting up with a lot of people who run this place all the time. so we should be able to cover alot of good trails rather quickly without getting lost.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:44 am

Ok sounds good. Yah I remember those guys, we always hang out with them a bit at big dogs so that's cool. I want to run that lion's den trail looks bad ass!
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 am

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
Not sure yet Paul. I was hoping you were gonna chime in here. I was actually gonna try to get ahold of you for some info. The picture of that campsite you had when you went has been in my head since I've seen it.

here it is Nick

http://www.harlancountycampground.com/

If you guys are going with somone that has been there before it will be much better. Some of those trail even may be hard for you. Mason jar is also a hairy trail we did not do it or see it it was foggy that day.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:23 am

well I went and flexed the jeep out yesterday and relized that it flexes totaly different with springs then it does with out Question

anyway non of the bump stops that I did are working so its back to drawing board on those.

Other then the bump stop probs it seams like everything else is working really well.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Hey nick and matt check this thread out for more info the trip.
http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18954&page=5

Also they said we need to make sure we bring all the beer you were going to drink becaue the closest beer store is a 45min drive one way do to the fact that its a semi dry county. king
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:00 am

I discovered a good cheaper beer this weekend. Moosehead lager. I started drinking it once I ran out of Heineken so I might be a little off but I thought it was really good shit. Might be my beer of choice for a while. I've been looking for something to replace Heineken but haven't had any luck. I like Yuengling Lager but it fills me up after about 4 or 5 of them. But point is, it was good timing on a cheaper beer because I would have spent more money on Heineken for this trip than god damn gas! I'll be loading up on beer, no worries there!!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm

I've been knocking down those miller 64 here lately. With only having 64 calories and 2% alcohol I can drink them all day with out getting drunk or fat cheers

P.S.
3 more days bitches
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:20 pm

mbn Harlan KY 09 225218 Harlan KY 09 621810
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:16 pm

I getting excited. So is there anything you guys want me to bring?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:30 pm

I jus wander what XCUSE Nick is gona have NOT to Go kat
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:36 pm

i'll sit down tonight and figure out what i'm bringing or have room for and we can go from there.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 pm

jealos-z wrote:
I jus wander what XCUSE Nick is gona have NOT to Go kat

Hell I didn't get fucking paid last week and I'm making this no matter what it takes. Harlan ranks a bit higher than a field full of shiny Jeeps. Talk all the shit you want but this last trip wasn't my fault. Jeep was loaded on the trailer and ready to go, I wasn't too happy about missing the day but didn't feel like riding alone.

Anyway, Joe and Matt, I plan to go to the store tomorrow night and get whatever I need. I'm working on a very small budget so nothing fancy. I won't have a hard time surviving the weekend on beer and hot dogs. I guess I'll ask more specific questions on the area on the mall crawling board since they seem to have some experience of the area. What time do we plan to leave thursday morning Joe? What time do you want me to get down to your place on wednesday night? I am disgustingly excited!!!!! I'm scrapping a third car tomorrow to make this trip possible hahahah. I got really lucky they came along.

I should have extra room in my truck for stuff too. I know you're bringing the queen and you 2 aren't much for roughing it!!! Just keep in mind that I should have plenty of room for your extra stuff. You know your shit talking about the Nissan keeping up might be partly true, but only because I'll be stopping for gas more often lol!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:50 am

we'll probly be leaving here around 10 am so we can meet up with matt in va around 1:30 or so. Any time you want to get here wed night is fine with me. The earlier you get here the more beer we can drink 7
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:45 am

I had a mean bender this past weekend and I honestly think I'm still recovering. Nicki was in OCNJ so me and the boys got a little carried away. I don't know if my throat hurts from screaming so much or if I'm f'ing sick! Nothing more beer can't fix! My only concern with leaving at 10am is that I think it's gonna make it a real bitch to show up late in Harlan. The main reason I say this is because of making sure we buy our passes and square away the camp site. I hate early mornings but I think we'd be better off leaving at like 8am.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 am

what route are you guys taking? I'd like to intercept Nick along the way to pick up a part and drop off some stuff to him.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 pm

well be running 70 to 81 out, so we'll be comming right by you Bill.

now nick, easy there boy you act like i'm flying down the road with my lug nuts loose. Reason were leaving at 10 is so we can meet up with the other matt in va about the time he gets off of work and gets on down the road at 1:30, 2:00 which puts us in harlan around 6:30, 7:00. The passes are for sale 24/7 at the gas station about 5 mins from the camp. We were going to stop in before we went into the camp ground. If all goes well we should be relaxing and drinking beer at our camp site by 8:30 watching the sun set.

Now relax take a breath and chill 7

damn I really have forgotten what its like not to be in a rush before an outing. I really see something major breaking now.

P.S. you don't know nothing about traffic till you have seen 695 out by 70 at 8am, a good day is a 20 min back up.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:13 pm

Ok, I figured that it had something to do with meeting Matt.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Joe just to let you know it took us 12 hours to get there. we left about 5:00 am got there about 5:00 did stop for breakfast and lunch. Have a good time the trail are great.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Damn paul 12 hours that must of been one hell of a breakfast and lunch you had. Map quest has the trip at 8 hours and 45 min. Two years ago i had to run down to a place just outside of knoxville to pick stuff up. it took me round trip 15 hrs with me stopping one time for fuel and to pick the parts up. My truck with trailer averages about 8 hrs drive time (when doing the speed limit) My guess is that nicks truck will be around 5 hrs or so for a fill up ( probly having us stop two times) plus stopping to meet the other matt and crap should put us around 10 hrs tops.

Anyway I talked to the other matt today and he said it wouldn't be a prob if we met earlier so we could get out of here a 9 am. Any earlier then that you going to be fighting rush hour unless you leave at 7am or earlier.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am

I know when we go to Avon in the OBX it says like 8 hours and it always ends up being closer to 10. I think the earlier we leave the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harlan KY 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlan KY 09   Harlan KY 09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlan KY 09
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next