Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Chick run at RC on 4-28

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Chick run at RC on 4-28 Empty
PostSubject: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:22 am

Saturday started off as a beautiful day. Andrea and I got to the Goose at 7:15 to find Partty and Veronica were already in the parking lot waiting. We decided to go into the Goose and have some coffee. At 8:00 we went over to the Shell gas staion and fill up. There we found Susan, gassing up El Toro. She said Chris was over at Mcee D's grabbing some gurb. A few minutes later, and our group was on its way to RC. When we got there the parking lot was packed. There must have been atleast 60+ rigs in the staging area. Which is alittle bigger then normal. We all checked in, started taking the tops off and airing down the tires.

We then preceded to head out taking lower 3. Man did they do a job clearing the hill side. It is barren to say the least. We headed to the new hill climbs across from 1. We started up the first hill. Andrea and I first, then Susan to follow. Everyone made up and over the first hill. Patty and veronice setup to go over the secong hill. They made a great attempt. As they went to crest over the top, gravity took over and they started spinning. Veronica got off the gas and decided to let the jeep coast back down the hill, to try again. Only as she was coasting back down she got caught on a stump by the TC skid. It was pretty funny as she looked at me and said " im not on the brake or the gas and i cant go anywhere". After looking at the situation and laughing on how she got stuck goin back down the hill. We decided to just throw a strap on her and pull her over the hill. Next up was Susan in El Toro. She lined up for the run. This is where things get interesting. It seems El Toror has a supercharger on it. So when she hit the gas things happened quickly. She approached the hill, and the front end came off a little hump before the hill. When this happened it sent the front end straight into the hillside where it contacted with a rock. WHich sent her off in to a tree to the right of the hill. After checking on Susan, her daughter and her friend. We checked the jeep for damage. We found that the hood latches had broke and for some reason the fan was contacting the fan shroud. After cutting away the affending plastic we closed the hood. We had decided to get the jeep over the hill and fix the rest. Once it was on top of the hill. We tried to secure the hood for the rest of the trip. This then brought to our attention that the impact was more severe. Upon closer inspection we found that the impact had caused one of the crumple zones to collaspe and the front frame was now tweaked. Susan in good fashion decided to just continue on.

We headed over to the west property to have some fun on the blue trails. We decided to drop into the west property by taking the power line trail. Along the way there are some dirt hill climbs built into the bank. We stopeed and played on these for awhile. Once on the west property we headed over to trail 12. We made short work of this trail and decided along the way to stop and have lunch. We crossed over F to the higher section of 12. There we found a rock to play around and show off some flex or three wheeling. After 12 we went over to 14. Here Andrea took over our rig and patty was driving as well as Chris's wife. Our little party made quick work of that trail and all the ladies had huge smiles on there faces. From 14 we went west on trail 11 to trail 19. We did the upper hillside part of 19. The ladies did a excellent job of navigating this trail. Then we continued west on trail 11. We came across the split for 11b and took that up the hillside to trail 18. This is a blue trail with a nice table top to transverse and a black rock garden to play in. It was decided that the rock garden was out but all were up for the table top. We headed down to the table top and as we were getting ready to go over it. Susan called on the cb and said that her rig was over heating. we stopped and accessed the damage. Once the rad. was cool we added some water. There seemed to be a small cut in the hose going into the intercooler. Once there was sufficent water we took off again. Everyone made it over the table top without issue. Veronica was first and did a excellent job navigating over it. next was Chris he to made it without issue. Once we were done with that we headed out of 18 back to H it was getting late and Susan's rig was having overheating issues. Chris had said earlier in the day that he wanted to run the pole line climbs by 5. So we headed over there to let him play. He made several excellent attampts. But in the end the last part is so severly dug out that is was making it extremely hard to get over. Chris decided that it was enough for the day so i threw the strap on him and yanked him over. We all headed back to the staging area. Everyone with huge smiles on there faces (even Susan who had the worst luck of the day). Once there we aired up put the tops back on and said our good byes. All in all it was a great day wheeling with great people. What could be better? I have to say as a whole we have a great group of members and i enjoy every trip that I run with MRR4x4C. Here is the link to the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/xtrmrokkrawlr/RC428

Last edited by on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:53 am

First let me say, I had a BLAST!! It was a beautiful day, and a great group of people!! We wanted a run with no pressures, time to learn, and of course to have a great time. Well thats what we got! I am sorry we had some damage done to El Toro, but Susan "got right back in the seat" and got her confidence back. sdsfhhgdigdhfo We didn't hit the hardest trails, but we did play on some blue/black's and got to watch Rich & Chris play on some rocks and pose for "flex pics". All in all i think everyone had smiles on their faces all day long, and had a great chance to learn and get more involved.

I think Rich might be alittle scared, next time we go up he might not see any seat time lol. We just might fight over 'little red' fight He created another addict :lol!:I look forward to seeing you all out on the trails again. Matt i am sorry you and your girlfriend couldn't make it, you were missed!
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:01 am

Agreed..it was an absolutely beautiful day! We all had smiles on our faces the whole time. But Rich did leave out one very funny part....ask him about his ripped pants (in a revealing spot), the zip ties (he matched his fender flare), and the electricial tape. Razz I have some videos to add to Rich's pics and one is Susan aka El Toro on "that hill". I'll try to get them posted soon. jeepchic
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:36 pm

lol! You are right, i forgot to mention Rich's "damage" of the day haha. It happened as El Toro was trying to make it up that second hill. All i know is i heard everyone laughing, I turned around and i see Rich trying to hold his pants together. I am not sure how it happened but he some how split his pants right by his zipper, and down his leg lol jocolor I am not sure who came up with it, it may have been chris, but he tried to use zipties to hold his pants together (so he wasn't flashing us all day long) and it did look like his front fender flare, but it didn't hold long. his next idea was to tape his leg lol. So that was our running joke of the day. I am not sure i have to look there may be a pic or two of his ziptied pants 9
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:19 pm

as much as I was running into people all over the trails. I am supprized I didn't run into you guys. But we spent the a.m. on south property and the p.m. on the east and west on sunday. sounds like you guys had a good time. Out of the three jeeps we had with us we had one run away jeep that ran into another jeep, one near roll over into the deep pits at the beginig of the new trail number one (only thing that kept it from going into the hole was a tree agaist the soft top). 1 broken rear driveshaft, 2 fenders, 2 bent leaf springs, and 1 front pinion. I'll post some pics when I get them
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 8:45 pm

sounds like you had a eventful time also.... 9
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 11:19 am

Alright I knew bringing Tammy and letting her drive was a bad idea. As of 11 pm Monday night we traded in the two month old Tuson for a 06 Solar Yellow TJ. Gotta love the last day of the month deals.

LET THE MODS BEGIN mbn

(I told her I was going to steal parts when mine breaks.)
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:31 pm

Yeah!! Solar yellow is rockin with black trim and all the other goodies.
jeepchic
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:36 pm

mbn Thats great!!! I can't wait to see you and Tammy back out there! I had a feeling with the huge smile on her face while driving you might be getting another jeep lol. I just wasn't expecting it so soon lol. Congrats on the new jeep!!!! jeepchic
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:09 pm

got the pics, a couple vids
http://picasaweb.google.com/rockdw72/RC428And42807
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 12:43 am

Nice pics and vids matt! Looked like a great time - made me wanna hop in the rig and go wheeling right now!
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 10:48 am

Ok, finally here are some pics. Having trouble adding the video. I'll post them when I get it figured out.

V- jeepchic

http://picasaweb.google.com/vegrover/ChicRun42807
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 3:33 pm

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chick run at RC on 4-28   Chick run at RC on 4-28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chick run at RC on 4-28
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free At Last :: Post trail stories and discussions-
Jump to: