Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Long Arm Kit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Long Arm Kit Empty
PostSubject: Long Arm Kit   Long Arm Kit Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 12:30 pm

K... so As you know I am having alignment issues with the frame to the axle.

Question... if it is going to be a couple grand to get this all worked out, would I simply be better off putting that into a long arm kit.

That would replace the frame mounts (which are probably bent anyway) replace the arms (might be tweaked to)...

In short it would basically replace all the suspension mounts on the frame getting me a fresh start on centering the axle.

Of course this may be jumping the gun a little depending on what george come up with. Just venting a little to friends I guess.

Laurie and I might be right seating a few runs til this is all worked out, but it hasn't dicouraged my interst in the least bit.

If anything I just know my weaknesses, and what to do to make it stronger.

Now the hunt for a tow rig that can be the DD.
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Long Arm Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Kit   Long Arm Kit Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 3:14 pm

Having a Tow rig isn't a bad Idea, but for a person that doesn't need a over size truck other than to tow a jeep its a waste when you have a very street friendly rig. Most of the people I know either have way to much money or there tow rigs has a other values. I know a couple of guys that skipped on the tow rig and got themselves a corolla or a civic. Okay I know blast me for saying that but you tell me this. You daily drive a jeep that gets 10-15 mpg if your one of the lucky ones. Then most of us with Tow rigs get 10-15 mpg unless to clear your wallet and jeep piggy bank for a diesel. Or you can get 20-30 out of a little car. This is just me talking but at almost 3 bucks a gallon for 87 a the pump. I would get a little rice beater. Thats more money for a nice truck later after the jeep is done being built and parts along the way. Unless you got money for a Reasonable tow rig then I say yeah do it.

Oh and about the long arm kit. Your going to end up doing it in the long run. Rubicon Express is nice, but after I drove Greg Knowls Rubicon I'm a fan of the Rock Crawler kit that he has. But thats just my input.

Sorry I have been talking to much I'm just really bored at work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Long Arm Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Kit   Long Arm Kit Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 9:28 pm

you will find out that once you own a truck you always need one. The tow rig is the way to go. But finding one in good shape that will not take all your funds for the jeep. Good used trucks are hard to find most people beat the crap out of a truck before they sell it. don't forget you will need a trailer also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Long Arm Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Kit   Long Arm Kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Arm Kit
Page 1 of 1