Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Jeep Doors

Go down 
+3
connordanny
chics4jeeps
Chris Taylor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 2:19 pm

I was parked in front of an office building today and of course because it is so nice out I have the doors and top off the Jeep. A Howard County cop pulls up and asks me where my doors are. Now she was very nice about it and I guess doing her job but she informed me that in MD it is illegal to have no doors on a Jeep. I looked it up on MVA.com but could not find anything to support this. Has anyone else had this issue? I cannot say it will stop me but this is the first time I have heard of such a thing.
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 2:46 pm

Chris, I don't know the details of the dsgfsdgdhjvcx law but I think no doors is ok but you have to have side mirrors...or at least a driver side. Maybe someone who thinks laws aren't made to be fractured will have the specifics. I say edffwfas em...just don't have a few splashes in you when you do it. king
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 3:09 pm

Yeah I asked about the mirrors cause I only moved the drivers and she said that they were fine but I needed doors. I say jjjjjjjjjjj I see too many others and if that is the only thing they and cite me for....... rabbit
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 3:32 pm

So Chris,
How did it end up? Did she issue a ticket or work order?

I haven't had my doors on in at least 2 weeks, but I don't think Balt City really cares too much. I know the State Police are really looking for front plates and cracked windshields. Its only a matter of time before I get the windshield work order...
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Had my doors off for about a month now and no problems so far. I have passed, stopped next to and driven in front of and behind cops in Harford and Baltimore Co. and have not had any problems. Everything I read on the web (nothing official) has been that it is legal.
I know How Co can be real asdyuysigidfdjbisd when it comes to petty stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 3:52 pm

connordanny wrote:
So Chris,
How did it end up? Did she issue a ticket or work order?

No citation or work order just wanted me to know. I was in a parking lot at the main office where I work. She was cool about it, not being a PITA or anything like that, She asked shere my doors where and I said "On my porch where they belong." She just laughed and then told me the "law" Makes me wonder that next time she might now be so happy but..... I'll just make sure I have my doors on Tuesdays when I go to the main office in Ho. County
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:11 pm

Its so nice to see people taking there doors off. I know in va law states that you must have a functional drivers side mirror and if there is not one on the pass side its okay as long as you have the mirror on the windsheild. The third day I owned my jeep the cop pulled me over and said "cool jeep but do me and you a favor and get some mirror movers". I had them on a couple weeks later. The best part of the jeep is the fact that the doors come off.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:24 pm

I heard of people in PA having issues but not in maryland. A friend of mine had a cherokee and he wanted to take the doors off, so he called the state po pos and they said he couldn't because the way the seat belts are and there are not raised kicker panels like a wrangler. but they said wranglers were cool. this was like five years ago so I don't know if things changed.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 12:38 am

I got nailed for having no doors on the way home from up north towards Mt.Carmel in the middle of nowhere! He pulled me over and was like do you know why I pulled you over and I go well I was probably speeding and he's like yah that and your doors are off. Didn't feel like driving the hour and a half to fight it so I just paid it. Apparently that is the case now about having at least a 3 inch lip and also something to do with the roof but I don't remember what. Don't know if that was the loophole found or if it was modified in the last few years. Mirrors are a great idea to have to avoid a fine though although I don't remember if I had mirrors on or not - a ball buster of a cop is gonna get you either way. At least that way you look like you're attempting to follow whatever ridiciulous law they're trying to enforce. I just gave up on the side view mirrors anyway the wind always blows them back and trees always find them. I say next time she tells you give her this over the back of the cop car and that solves that hjkgghfghfghdgdhdfdh dgsagasjfhah
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Jeep Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Doors   Jeep Doors Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 10:35 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jeep Doors Empty