Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

clickin sound

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-30

clickin sound Empty
PostSubject: clickin sound   clickin sound Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 3:30 pm

alright theres a clickin sound comin from my right rear wheel when i take left turn at less the 15mph but not if i fly around a turn or turn right at first i thought it was a rock in the tread but not that lucky so i took the drum off it all looks good in there any suggestion wheel bearing,axel,diff .........im kind of clueless about this and always tend to think the worst when it comes to funny jeep sounds .......thanks cameron
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

clickin sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: clickin sound   clickin sound Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:24 pm

Hmm...

what is the rear set up: ie... Open, Locker, Limited Slip?

Does the clicking come from any particular side?

Does it click when accelerating hard in a straight line (when Jeep squats down)?
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-30

clickin sound Empty
PostSubject: click click click   clickin sound Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 11:29 pm

d 35 open no noise in srait line only when turning left at slow speed. the sound comes from the right rear.im drivin it around its not grinding or anything just a rapid clickin noise
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

clickin sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: clickin sound   clickin sound Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 11:43 pm

Yes you need to clearify this statement. What have you checked already?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

clickin sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: clickin sound   clickin sound Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 3:24 pm

If it were me... I would block the front, jack up the rear and put it on stands.

turn the wheels by hand and listen for the clicking... try putting it in neutral and turning the driveshaft by hand and again listen for clicking...

it could be the self adjuster knocked loose on the parking brake, something in the drum... wheel bearing, or something in the diff.

depending on where the noise comes from i would go as far as to pop the diff cover and have a buddy turn one of the wheels and watch the gearing inside to makes sure all is well..

Have some RTV sealant, Scraper, sand paper, and 2 quarts of gear oil ready for reassembly...
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

clickin sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: clickin sound   clickin sound Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 5:21 pm

I had a clicking when I turn left or right but from the front axle. Asumed it was the axle found out it was a lose strap on the ujoint on the drive shaft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

clickin sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: clickin sound   clickin sound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

clickin sound
Page 1 of 1