Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Hello from Ellicott City

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gdead
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 1
Emploi : Geek
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Hello from Ellicott City Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Ellicott City   Hello from Ellicott City Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 9:50 pm

Howdy all. Quick intro. I saw a bunch of MRR's at the PAJeeps event last weekend, and I decided to look you all up on the 'Net. I am just getting into offroading, tho I used to drive some heavy equipment in the woods in a former life. I'm impressed with the site and the overall professionalism of the MMR club. Looking forward to joining the group.

I just traded in my TJ for a new JK Rubicon (w00t). Buying the Rubi certainly took care of some of the mods I was planning for my TJ, but I do miss my TJ still. No mods to the JK yet, just the basic safety gear in place. I know how to turn a wrench, and used to crew for a road racing team at Summit Point, WV. Also, I'm restoring a 72 Volvo 1800E with the help of my kids. (anyone actually know what an 1800 is?)

On a personal front, I've got a wife, a couple of kids, a couple of dogs... you know, the basics Wink I'm a geek by trade, as I'm sure lots of others here are as well.

Anyhoo, I look forward to meeting y'all. I'll unfortunately be missing the Aug get together as my family and I will be at the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen, NY. However, I'll be doing some trail riding on old logging trails in WNY with some friends up there, so at least I'll be getting the jeep dirty. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.shmoo.com/~gdead/
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ellicott City   Hello from Ellicott City Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 9:55 pm

welcome to the MMR. i could be really off here but a volvo 1800E was a semi sporty coupe that they made before there cars got really heavy in the late 70's and 80's. I think the machine shop own that used to be next to my shop had one that he was fixing up. curvy little car with round headlights. but i could be completely wrong. have fun at the race there always a blast.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ellicott City   Hello from Ellicott City Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 10:45 pm

Welcome our club coould not have better compliments than what you just said, thanks I am sure the team appreciates it too. I belive you've made an intro on the Meetup as well right. I send you an activation message did you get it? Just follow the instructions to it.

We will be wheeling on the weekend of the 11th and camping too, I usually stay in the hotels, but after the PAJeep show I missed my tent and now got to get some more use out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ellicott City   Hello from Ellicott City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ellicott City
Page 1 of 1