Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Is my CB fried??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Is my CB fried?? Empty
PostSubject: Is my CB fried??   Is my CB fried?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 5:21 pm

CB worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now it will not receive. Hooked up the SWR and nada...not even a flicker of the dial. I know the SWR is for transmit/anteanna adjust so does this mean the CB died? It seemed to happen after a rain storm with the top down. I did look at the anteanna connections but all looked ok. sdfsdgsdg ?????
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Is my CB fried?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my CB fried??   Is my CB fried?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 9:40 pm

will it receive with the mic unpluged? if yeah the mic is fried. if nothing changes check the meter gauge (if you have one) if its moving and nothing comes in the speaker is fried if not the cb might be toast. what kind of CB is it?
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Is my CB fried?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my CB fried??   Is my CB fried?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 3:07 am

havent tried to unplug mic yet...will be a tomorrow project. If the meter gauge means the lights on the unit then, yes, when the mic is pressed the lights go full range and the red transmit light is on. It's a Midland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is my CB fried?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my CB fried??   Is my CB fried?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is my CB fried??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4x4 Tech :: OFFROAD TECH-
Jump to: