Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

help! Empty
PostSubject: help!   help! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 1:39 pm

Installing a warn skid plate under my 04 tj. Bought kit 65152 from Quad. was for a 4 cylinder. Got the bracket on and went to put the plate and its too short and seems way too low
Dont know if it matters but the automatic transmission skid plate was removed cause of the angle of the driveshaft

help! 4kntl06
help! 5yltiyt
help! 63lpzqv
help! 4zjj2n8

Got a 4" lift but that shoulldnt matter that much

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help!   help! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 9:47 pm

I think the problem maybe that the warn connects to the autotran cover which connects to the belly cover. The tran was removed cause the front drive shaft would hit it with the new angle. The ransfer case was not lowered during the lift.

Would this work - reinstall the tran plate but shim the bolt with washers to put a small gap there which would clear the shaft. The question I have is does the drive shaft move up down - what type of clearance do i need?

I know I need to plate the bottom - its real dinged up under there so I am apprehensive about going without even for one run.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-30

help! Empty
PostSubject: no clue   help! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:02 am

no words of wisdom ...........you should put some pics of the whole jeep on .............good luck with that skid .................
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help!   help! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 12:44 pm

Ok spent an hour on the phone. Apparently there was a change with the 2004. So stuff that works for a TJ97-02 is different from a 03-06tj. Warn does not make a skid plate for 03-04! The catalog (and all major distributors like 4wd and quad) is wrong.

4wd is crediting me once they receive it but I have to pay for shipping - of course. And Ill have to by the skidrow plate at 100 bucks more.

anyone wanna buy warn skid plate kit number 65152 - Ill sell it at cost to save myself the shipping costs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help!   help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4x4 Tech :: OFFROAD TECH-
Jump to: