Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1 Empty
PostSubject: August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1   August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:15 am

Well, the day began with me being late to our first stage, but the morning was cool and clear a much welcome weather considering the past weeks heat wave. We headed out by 7:10 or so from Tom's Gas station, Chris Lloyd cought up to us on the road. Travelling in caravan style, I lead the group, we arrived at the Shell station in Pine Grove by 8:10 and at the Park by 9AM. All was well and everyone got to check in on time, once we got aired down and settled we headed out. Our plan was simple, to run the greens and light blues, after running on out on trail L3 heading towards F trail, we decided to go directly to the comp course. Looking at the various obsticles, we began to tackel a few, strating with me on a pile of rocks that looked no harder than what we are used to running. Once on the line of approach, I began the climb, but came to a snag and a loud SNAP!, OH S*^%. I broke another rear driveside axle, Dam, I barely got my day started and I was broken already. As we stood there for several minutes deciding what steps to take first.

Joe, and I decied to address the cituation and see if we could fit it, he said he had another axle on the truck and would got get it. I began to highlift the Jeep and we ended up jacking up both sides. the SNAP was ugley, it shattered inside the locker and there was metal savings everywhere. As if that wasn'tbad enought I also ended up bustine another rear shock, a Belstine 5150, this must have been the 5th one I broke, Not impress with their results. Having a problem taking out the c clip, I ended up calling Tony another friend made there at the park, who is a mechanic, After his arrival the guys helping me out took a break and did some wheeling.

Tony showed his expertise by taking the c clip out in not time and eventually fixing my problem, once the axle was good to go, he headed toward the "O" Trail and I headed out with Joe back to the group.
As we where dealing with the axle, I asked Ryan to take the group to the trails and he did a fine job guiding them. From there on the rest of the day was incident free, with only the traditional bumps and scrapes.

The rest of the day was incident free, so it looked like I took the blunt of the damages for the day. most of the crew left for the day except Smokey and Paula, Karl and Mel, Alan and his friends stayed at the camp site. Dinner at O'Neals was once again great!, and like before I stuffed myself, as did Scott and Karl. Great day of wheeling among our new members and friends. Tomorrow Sunday is another day and another new story to follow.

http://jeep.meetup.com/201/photos/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1   August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:31 pm

HeyRyan, thanks for taking care of the group while I was reparing the Jeep, you did a great job!
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1   August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:57 pm

Karl you needed something from me and for the life of me I can remember what it was............OH yea, Stickey Lees info:

stickylee@stickylee.com and directed to Larry. Make sure you tell him your a Maryland Rock Raider for your special discount.
Back to top Go down
06rubicon
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
06rubicon

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1   August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:35 am

The Devil Dog wrote:
HeyRyan, thanks for taking care of the group while I was reparing the Jeep, you did a great job!

Thanks Tico,

After making sure Tico would be OK with the repair we headed out to the trails. We had a group of 7 with a mix of vechicles from stock to modified. We left the comp area and headed to trail 1a via A,F & B. We stopped at the black loop so a few of us could play. Everyone made it through the rock garden unscathed. We then headed toward Crawler Ridge via the pole line and trail D. A handful of us took on Crawler Ridge and with some nice spotting most of us made it up. The most entertaining run goes to Larry. He made it through the lower part with a little work but when we got about half way up he put his foot in it, woke the 360ci up and bounced his way to the top. It was great to watch.

We then broke for lunch at the base of Crawler and waited for Chris, Alan and their passengers to join us. Chris and Alan showed some nice driving as well coming down Crawler.

After lunch we decided to head over to the West property via D and E and got on to J. We rode J down to 10a/b and took 10b toward Big Rocks. At lunch we met up with the guy in the stock super duty (Sorry mystry man, I couldn't remember your name for the life of me). He showed some great skill getting the truck through 10b, I couldn't beleive he got the thing through that tight trail. I think it came out in once peice too! We all made it to Big Rocks and met back up with Tico. After playing for a bit Tico led our group back on the trails to finish up the day.

We all made it through the afternoon with out any carnage (except Tico Smile )and had a great time. Once I arrived home I did realize I tweeked my tie rod pretty good and that my spare was about to rip of the stock tire bracket (thats what I get for hanging a 33x12.5 on it). I'm sure glad it didn't come off on the Highway affraid .

Can't wait until the next run!

Last edited by on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1   August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:18 am

Ok Joe, ask requested, the video has been down loaded on the web site home page, drop top the bottom right and click on the video, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1   August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August Club Run-Rausch Creek day 1
Page 1 of 1