Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!   Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 5:07 pm

I now have for sale the 350cid engine I had built for my tow rig. The rig has donated its trans. and transfer to keep the Willys alive. It has 0 miles on it since rebuild.Still on engine stand where I work.
rebuild included:
main and rod bearings
timing chain and gears
lifters
complete valve job on both heads
has mild rv cam w/ new bearings
all gaskets and seals
piston rings/hoaned cyl.s
rebuilt oil pump
Also includes:
Acc, brackets for serp belt
new motor mounts
throttle body and intake if you want it
new plugs
distributor and coil
used, not leaking, water pump on it
ECM for fuel inj. if you want it
alt.
a/c comp. (I have no idea if it's good)
2 exhaust manifolds, 1 was craked, I had it brazed, it may be ok, it may leak.
starter (for auto trans)
all eng. control sensors (oil,knock)
valve covers
all pulleys except I am keeping the p/s pump
This engine was bulit for reliability not pretty. Just painted with silver rustoleum because it shows future leaks very well. Did not take the time to polish anything. Wire brushed and painted.
I want $600.00 for all of this weather you need it all or not. Thats a pretty good deal.

Last edited by on Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!   Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 8:05 pm

When I blow my motor I'll be looking for a 350 as my next upgrade. As for now I wish I could spend the money on it to save for later because it is a great deal. Next month is big dogs so there is still a chance....there I think I jinxed myself into blowing the motor.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!   Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Well, though it may help me with $ for my Willys repair, I hope you don't . Not blowin' an engine is always good! I dont expect to be runnin' by then, but I'm gonna give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!   Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 9:12 pm

This is making me think twice. Looks like it may be cheaper to just find an auto tranny to go with it if I were to change to the v8. then I'd still have to adapt the Atlas transfer case to it....

Chevy V8 to Jeep AX15 Transmission Adapter Kit

Price : $455.40
Item# 712567
Mfg. Part# 712567

Product Options

Transmission Jeep AX15

Product Overview

This Adapter Kit will mate the Jeep AX15 Transmission to a GM V8 & 4.3L V6

The bellhousing listed above is designed for a 10-1/2¿, 153 tooth clutch and flywheel assembly. Since some of the later model GM blocks only have a 168 tooth flywheel option, we now provide our bellhousings with clearance to accept a 168 tooth flywheel and clutch components. The only requirement when using a 168TH flywheel is that a Hi-torque starter with no nose cone must be used. In addition, when using this type of starter we also need to change out the bellhousing release arm to P/N 716179V.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!   Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 12:23 am

A th-350 is strong but geared very high, a 700r4 can be built just as tough and is geared alot lower(thats what I'm doing) I ahve a friend that will do the bulletproofing work with parts included for about $600 if you provide the trans.(thats cheap)If you are thinking about either of these options make sure you get one with a big K stamped on the bellhousing! ones without are 2wd transmissons that have been converted. Thats fine for a street vehicle but not a trail rig. The adapter for the atlas is $400-$500 depending how hard you look.
This is the late model block. The only thing needed to use the smaller 153 tooth flywheel is to drill and tap one hole for the older style starter. Otherwise they are basicly the same. The other differences dont matter.
$600.00 for the eng.$455.40 for your ax15 kit is still cheaper. Dont forget about a wire harness from painless or someone like that. I could give you the one from the Suburban but with all the extra side harness's it wouldn't be a very clean job. using your trans I would expect $1500.00 for the swap not including labor. I assume you wouldnt be doing it yourself. Another $800.00-$1000 on top of that to buy and build a chevy trans. and the atlas adapter if you go that way. It's best just not to blow your engine! I am not very knowlegable on the ax15. How strong are they? Is that what you run now? Check your pricing at this link,sounds a little cheaper. http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_gmax15.htm
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!   Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 9:05 am

ax-15 is strong enough for the stock motor but I doubt it would last with a 350 in front of it. I would do the work myself for the most part. If the motor or tranny goes then I'm going to seriously look into doing the swap. For now I have too many projects associated with the suspension redesign to invest in the motor upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!   Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:50 pm

SOLD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!   Chevy 350cid.  SOLD!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chevy 350cid. SOLD!!!!
Page 1 of 1