Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Empty
PostSubject: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:42 pm

http://www.powersrockandrally.com/wstore/productDetail.jsp?M_Product_ID=1000134

Does anyone have any experience with this track bar. It uses a special bracket to attach it to the frame that makes it double shear.

I had the regular RE adjustable track bar and the threads on the end gave up and the heim joint pulled itself out.

I wanted to see if anyone has experience with this bar and if its worth the upgrade?

Thanks,
Dan
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 1:00 pm

With track bars it's hard to go wrong, except for the ones that mount in the single sheer stock location. With a bracked on the frame in double sheer its hard to go wrong. Then again most of the time teh track bars do fine as long as the nuts don't come loose. loosening is a big problem with bolts in single sheer.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 1:26 pm

I think I remember you saying something about that just about 1 year ago when we were installing it.king

The bracket uses the same 5/8 drilled out hole on the stock mount, then has two 1/2" bolts that go through the frame.

Do I need the "Big Drill" again to make the 1/2" holes for the new bracket?
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 1:57 pm

I had the track bar but only for about a year. The hard part was to drill out the 5/8" hole but I guess you alreay did that. I didn't drill the frame holes I ended up welding it and bobby has the same track bar and hers is welded too. But drilling the frame shouldn't be a problem with any drill.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 4:06 pm

If I'm going to replace it I may as well upgrade it. I'm going to pick it up from the guy tomorrow and install it Sunday.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 10:43 pm

Hey Danny,

Sounds like a very similiar set up to what Bobbi has on Max.

I took a good look at her set up when we redid the front axle seals...

Hers was origanally bolted through the frame, but is now welded for even more strength...

I think that is the way to go...

By the way... the Currie one I have... still love it, but the nut backed out A LOT!!! Just caught it yesterday when I crawled underneath on my daily inspection of the oil pan situation. It had backed off a good 1/4".

So did the giant nut on the axle end (over 1 1/4" in size... which was my biggest wrench at work, so I had to use a pipe wrench to snug it).

In hindsight I guess that is a bit larger than I need, although I was not impressed how your rubi tapered at the end... I think that was its weakness.
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:24 pm

I put the extreme duty Track Bar on Yesterday and I can turn left again!

w/ the stock spare I was using my axle was way off center and was messing with my steering. The steering wheel was upside down.

I ended up drilling the two holes through the frame and using the 1/2" grade 8 bolts supplied. The bracket is on good and sturdy! The bolt they supply to attache the adjustable end to the bracket doesn't look too beefy though...
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:38 pm

I finally have some pics to show of the carnage and the replacement.

First the bad:
RE Adjustable track bar reamed out where the heim joint meets the bar
Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Trackbar005
Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Trackbar008

Now here is the new one in the drop down bracket:
This time the threaded end is part of the bar and it goes much further into the adjustable end
Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Trackbar001
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar   Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar
Page 1 of 1