Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Where My Hose At

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Where My Hose At Empty
PostSubject: Where My Hose At   Where My Hose At Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:01 pm

K...

So my daily ritual of under carriage inspection continues (until I replace the oil pan which might have to wait until I get back from Phoenix now).

Day 5 and still no leaks or pressure issues... well oil that is...

During todays inspection I got the chinese water torture test... dripping hot fluid on my fore head (and resisting the urge to sit up into hot exhaust with each sizzle til I could shimmy out jkfg ).

My first fear was oil. But this was red, running along the frame, and dripping off a control arm... hmm... maybe brakes... nope.

Followed further to the muddy engine bay... Luckily I have not had time to pressure wash yet, so I just followed clean parts back to the source of the leak.

I found rub marks on my lower radiator hose... spent a lot of time think how the heck that could happen scratch ... then saw my avatar and said asdyuysigidfdjbisd .

My driver upper control arm bracket apperently contacts this hose when flexed out... oops.

So... will a motor lift (1" M.O.R.E. Bombproof or the like) give me the clearnce I need, or do I have to do something more drastic.

The obvious answer is don't climb something that big... but you guys know me better than that by now dfjsksdkfjsd

Any suggestions?

Luckily it is a pinhole leak so I did not dump all fluid, and I can get a hose pretty cheap/easy fix... I am looking more long term to prevent damage again.
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Where My Hose At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where My Hose At   Where My Hose At Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:32 am

With the MORE motor lift you may also need a body lift, it is required on my YJ. I would adjust the bump stops so it stops just short of contact. Or another alternative is to get a different radiator hose that has a bend as it comes out of the motor so you have more clearance(just brainstorming here). motor lift will cause other issues that need resolved so look for the simple solution first. It may just be contacting by 1/8" or 1/4" so a small spacer on the bumpstop may do it for you.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

Where My Hose At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where My Hose At   Where My Hose At Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 12:17 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
With the MORE motor lift you may also need a body lift, it is required on my YJ. I would adjust the bump stops so it stops just short of contact. Or another alternative is to get a different radiator hose that has a bend as it comes out of the motor so you have more clearance(just brainstorming here). motor lift will cause other issues that need resolved so look for the simple solution first. It may just be contacting by 1/8" or 1/4" so a small spacer on the bumpstop may do it for you.

thanks bill cheers

already running a body lift... the motor lift would just shove it back up where it belongs. might also reduce rear driveshaft angle... but we will see.

before i buy the replacement hose i will see if i can run a brake line tube bent in a few ways to simulate the hose.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Where My Hose At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where My Hose At   Where My Hose At Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:53 am

I thought that you needed a SYE and CV drive shaft for the motor mounts? Or is that just with the TT skid?
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

Where My Hose At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where My Hose At   Where My Hose At Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:50 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
I thought that you needed a SYE and CV drive shaft for the motor mounts? Or is that just with the TT skid?

The motor lift is "recommended" when doing a body lift to AVOID doing the SYE and Driveshaft kit... it is supposed to reduce driveline angle...

I need the sye and driveshaft to do the tummy tuck "if drive line vibrations are noticed"

I have so many vibrations as it is I probably would not notice, so I am installing it before the TT just for good measure.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Where My Hose At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where My Hose At   Where My Hose At Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:56 pm

That is the best title of a thread that i've seen yet! lol!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Where My Hose At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where My Hose At   Where My Hose At Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:44 am

Yeah Tony I thought that was funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where My Hose At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where My Hose At   Where My Hose At Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where My Hose At
Page 1 of 1