Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

shackle reversal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-30

shackle reversal Empty
PostSubject: shackle reversal   shackle reversal Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:13 am

wondering if any one is runing this and what their thoughts are? pros and cons? if not i might have to be the one to find out ........cameron
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

shackle reversal Empty
PostSubject: Re: shackle reversal   shackle reversal Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 7:16 pm

it will ride better on the street but if you don't have flat springs it can hurt you off road. your axle move backwards instead of forward with the shackles in front when climbing rocks. This is just my opion.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

shackle reversal Empty
PostSubject: Re: shackle reversal   shackle reversal Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 8:20 pm

I always heard that if you have flat springs it wouldn't be worth doing. but since the axle will move back instead forward you will have make sure the drive shaft will compress enough. I can't really think of anybody in the club that has done it. But I have wheeled with a couple of people who had it done, their jeeps seemed to do well.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

shackle reversal Empty
PostSubject: Re: shackle reversal   shackle reversal Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 12:54 am

Its over rated. Your better off going with stock shackels or get a set of currie shackels with greasable bolts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

shackle reversal Empty
PostSubject: Re: shackle reversal   shackle reversal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shackle reversal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4x4 Tech :: OFFROAD TECH-
Jump to: