Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Rausch Creek working day...

Go down 
+5
waldo27
Locked_N_Loaded
The Devil Dog
makitupthehardway
UPNOVER
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Rausch Creek working day... Empty
PostSubject: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:39 am

Tico and I have been discussing a working day at Rausch Creek to give back to the park for all the fun times we enjoy. Wouldnt it be nice to have a trail that we can say we helped cut?

We are open to any suggestions for when we can do this. If everyone sends a few dates we will complete a poll and then have everyone vote on a actual day.

I suggest we do it in the near future when the weather is enjoyable. I have a chain saw and a few axes and other tools. Let us know what you have so that we can get with Lynn at the park and see if she wants us to cut a new trail or clean up a existing trail.

Remember we already lost one park this year so lets give back some help. Tico even suggested a Friday if that works better for some.. I wouldnt mind a work day on Friday and a run on Saturday..Let me know what the majority thinks...

Thanks.....
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:55 am

Most of the time the trail cleanings are saturday clean and sunday wheel for free 9 I'm up for this anytime. THE CLUB IS OVER DUE FOR GIVING BACK, YES I'M TALKING TO YOU (everyone)!!! 4 if you have wheeled at Rausch more than a hand full of times you need to make a point to do this at least once a year. plus for the day you give to them to clean or cut trails you get a FREE pass to wheel the next day or anytime you want.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 1:43 pm

I highly encourage participation, it solidifies our commitment to help the park and it benefits us as a whole. It's good physical work, that gives you a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

How many of you are up for it? We could mae it a club meet day to work on a saturday and play on a sunday too, like Nester adviced. Or a Friday Noon to close and ride on Saturday all day. The logistics will be left to Matt who is taking charge of organizing this event.

Thank you Matt! 9
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:19 pm

I think a friday will limit the amount of members to show. I'm 100% for trail cutting but friday will make it difficult for me to show. I normally work Saturdays as well so taking off friday and saturday is gonna get me an earful for a while.

Don't worry, I got a nice big chainsaw to get even with some trees. saw2
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:20 pm

I'm game and since upnover is my boss i can go any day he says i can

PS. i know a stump that needs to be shortened
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:36 am

waldo27 wrote:

lol! lol! saw2
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:31 am

waldo27 wrote:
I'm game and since upnover is my boss i can go any day he says i can

I see how it is.. When you want to do something fun all the sudden Im the boss and it works to your advantage... I see!!!!
This is a volunteer thing for a good cause... Sounds much better that way.. 9
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 12:08 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
waldo27 wrote:

lol! lol! saw2

the one i hit coming out of lake christy
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 12:28 pm

No, you got it all wrong.. You dont want to cut the stump.. You want to lift the rubi and then laugh at the stump when you pass it by the next time.. jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:07 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:27 pm

you all got this wrong. as far as trail maitnence is concerned I do that everytime I'm out. Trust me anybody who has run with me knows that no tree is safe on the trail. I like keeping my body panels straight and my windows in one piece. As far as the fri deal thats not going to work very well for most people do to the whole work issue. I'm up for cutting new trails or maitnence but when you get more then three people trying to do it, it becomes a total disaster. The best set up is one person with a saw and two cleaning up. Trust me I cut alot of the trails for camp jeep, this method works. Also if your going to cut new trails you just cant run out that day and make a new trail. Its going to take a day or two of exploration to mark the trails the way you want it so the trail cutter knows where to cut the trail. I'm all about helping and have know problem bringing all my saws and brush cutters out but I do want some organization so no body gets hurt. Trust me it only takes one person with a chainsaw that doesnt have alot of experince to mess the whole day up.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 8:11 pm

The planning of a trail cutting is done by Lynn, they already have them marked all she needs is the poepl to cut and clean up. You canhave several groups on different trails. But Joe is right 3 per group works best maybe 4 wouldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:14 pm

any idea when were going to do this?
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 11:11 pm

Quote :
I'm all about helping and have know problem bringing all my saws and brush cutters out but I do want some organization so no body gets hurt. Trust me it only takes one person with a chainsaw that doesnt have alot of experince to mess the whole day up

Funny you say that because when i made my post about the chainsaw i was going to ask where the nearest hospital is. Chainsaws make me nervous and experience is definitely very important.

Lets pick a few available weekends and then a poll and get this in motion.
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:36 am

im ordering my parts next friday so hopefully it will be after that
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 1:01 am

Im going to send Lynn a note and let her know MRR is ready and willing to help in anyway she needs us.. Lets let her tell us what is best for the park.

The only weekend that is not good for me is the weekend of the 27th of October.. As long as we make a decision now I can work things out..
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:00 am

Received a response from Lynn today.

She has a long green trail that she needs cut entirely. She stated it would be more than a days work and that it will require alot of work.

She also likes to have a 50/50 day where you work the first half and wheel the second. No fee's are required unless there is new membership requirements.

I would like to suggest the weekend of November 3rd and 4th. I plan on staying the entire weekend but if there are members that can only do one day than this will help split the work up and keep from getting too large of a crew together and solve the issues some of you suggested happens.

She noted that it will require chainsaws and loppers due to lots of brush.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:20 am

Sounds like a good weekend...count me in
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:44 am

I might not be available Saturday but I can do Sunday. Good Job Matt in following up.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:02 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
Sounds like a good weekend...count me in

Lets cut and paste and add your name and day to each paste..

So far we have

Upnover Sat and Sun chain saw and loppers
Tico Sun
Locked n Loaded
Waldo Sat and Sun
Qbird Sat and Sun
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:38 pm

what week end are we doing this. also if it is a long trail we can have two groups and meet in the middle, just have to becareful when we get close to each other.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:56 pm

I should be able to do sat and sun if i plan ahead for it. I'll bring a chainsaw and loppers as well.
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 1:57 pm

So far we have

Tico Sun with Saw saw2 Twisted Evil chainsaw
Locked n Loaded
Waldo Sat and Sun
Qbird Sat and Sun

Lloyder05 - Sun - Chainsaw & Loppers
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 2:20 pm

lloyder05 wrote:
So far we have

Tico Sun
Locked n Loaded
Waldo Sat and Sun
Qbird Sat and Sun

Lloyder05 - Sun - Chainsaw & Loppers

I have the VA CREW in and ready. Both days

Eric Orr
Ryan D.
Nester

We can bring chain saws too chainsaw saw2

I would like it if we could work all of one day them wheel all of the next.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 6:06 pm

i'm up for working sat and wheeling sunday. As for tools i got all that is needed including a gas powered brush saw that cuts brush up 3" diameter as fast as you can walk. bad ass saw but you have to be carful because it can take a foot off in a blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek working day...   Rausch Creek working day... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rausch Creek working day...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next