Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

4 point belts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

4 point belts? Empty
PostSubject: 4 point belts?   4 point belts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:35 pm

So is there a way get 4 or 5 points in the rig with out the cage? The cage is coming next year but the seats are here now. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

4 point belts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 point belts?   4 point belts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm

only right way to do it is to have a bar right behind the seat. I have seen a bunch of people bolt the shoulder straps to the floor. But its not a good idea
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

4 point belts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 point belts?   4 point belts? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:27 pm

You can get a y harness that mounts to the floor. Just make sure the holes in the seat back are higher than your shoulders. If the holes are below your shoulders and you use a y mount than in a roll over the belt will compress your spine.

Dont buy harness's without calling me.. My buddy has a set he will probably give you. NHRA makes you replace the belts every two years. I had called a few guys last month when I needed the rear belts for the cherokee. I was in a hurry to get them before the weekend and soon as I spent $175 for two sets I got a call from a buddy that had two.

These will be roll bar mounted belts though.

I am just using the three inch lap belts front and rear in the cherokee. I cut the x brace out when i pulled the seats you now have and put in the stock seats. I want to have another rear bar put in for the front and rear seats so I can use the upper belts.

Were you able to use the same floor mounts that were on the seats? That power driver's seat is sweet but just toooooo small for my big ass...
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

4 point belts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 point belts?   4 point belts? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:12 pm

what about a bar to cross between the roll cage uprights to mount the belt to? I would block access to the rear seat but would serve its purpose.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

4 point belts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 point belts?   4 point belts? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:19 pm

this is true. but I dont run with a back seat most of the time (twice in the last three years) I think I will wait on the belts till I get the cage.

Matt if your buddy has some let me know. I will be happy to have them.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

4 point belts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 point belts?   4 point belts? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:32 pm

I will have them by the trail cutting weekend. He lives an hour away so he is giving them to another buddy the weekend of the 20th..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4 point belts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 point belts?   4 point belts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 point belts?
Page 1 of 1