Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Coilovers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 2:48 pm

Went to order my rancho coilovers and of course they are on national backorder with only a questionable production date mid Dec.

Any other brand preferences?

Any good places to order from?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Call Randy. 1-301791-6869

If he can't get them for you he will tell you who can. Bill has nice coil over shocks that are HD shafts. Rockcrawler sells them but you should still check with Randy he has more info on that stuff. What do you want for the air shocks that are on the XJ know? They might work for a 4 link setup for the buggy.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:59 pm

Man, I am going nuts today with this... I need to take a break and come back to it..

I worked the funds out and then they are not available.. I like the Rancho because it is very adjustable.

All these other manufactures want to know exact spring rates.. They all have formula calculators but they want different weights of the vehicle and front and rear. Then they want current spring rates.. Well its linked front and rear without springs.. So...

As for the current Fox air shocks.. we can work something out after I get the right setup..

I need a beer already....Maybe i should get some work done now...
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:56 pm

What I'm running is actually Fox Racing Shox and they have no relation with rock krawler any more. I had the front shafts upgraded to 15/16ths or something like that. check with Kar Tek Off Road. they are one of the largest suppliers in the US. WWW.KARTEK.COM or call them 951-737-7223. they are in Corona, CA.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Thats what i have now.. Fox air shox..I just priced the Fox 2.5 coilover with eibach springs and it will be right around a grand for the two of them... I have to figure out the spring rates correctly before I order.

I will check your place out first..

I guess a grand isnt bad considering the Fox air shox are $700.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 8:36 pm

High Tech stuff isn't cheap.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 11:15 pm

I think mine are the 2" coilovers. even ebay they are expensive.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Fox+2.5+coilover+&category0=
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:45 am

I am off today and plan to do some serious research... I might wait out the Rancho's just because they are fully adjustable without switching springs.. According to rancho they are two to three weeks out.. I called Summit and they show they should be receiving them Dec 2. Plus that would save me a whole lot of cash..

Worst case I will run one more time without them..Thats if the rain stops and I can get the brakes done sometime today..

Bill,
Were yours already charged when you received them? A few of the companies say they ship non-charged. I dont want to buy the nitrogen system.. I know BJ's wholesale club uses Nitrogen to inflate their tires but I am not sure they would do it for me.. Their systems probably wont charge up to 200 psi anyhow.. There is a set on Pirate that are non charged also.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:48 pm

UPNOVER wrote:

Bill,
Were yours already charged when you received them? A few of the companies say they ship non-charged. I dont want to buy the nitrogen system.. I know BJ's wholesale club uses Nitrogen to inflate their tires but I am not sure they would do it for me.. Their systems probably wont charge up to 200 psi anyhow.. There is a set on Pirate that are non charged also.

They came pre charged but I did adjust them because the pressure was off from what they stated. I have a nitrogen kit that I bought with Randy (shared use) that you can use if you find the level needs adjusted. The fox coilovers are somewhat adjustable via a threaded body. If the coilovers are not assembled when you receive them then they likely wont be charged. the fox coilovers have the bleeder valve in the way of the coil retainer. so when you remove the coil or install the coil you have to take the bleeder screw off and loose pressure. I can bring the kit to Rausch one day if needed.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:57 pm

Thanks Bill, I really appreciate it..I have not made my mind up but I am leaning towards the Rancho's.. I would like to do the Fox but I dont know if they are worth the extra $$. I was all ready to order them and now I am going back and forth which to do..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coilovers   Coilovers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coilovers
Page 1 of 1