Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Adjustment tool

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Adjustment tool Empty
PostSubject: Adjustment tool   Adjustment tool Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 10:06 pm

Anybody close to the White Marsh/Harford County area have a coil over shock adjustment tool?

I ordered one but it wont be here till next week.

I have a large pair of brake spring pliers that I think might work but they might scratch up the shocks. Worse case i am going to try them.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Adjustment tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjustment tool   Adjustment tool Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 pm

They should do the trick as long as your not going to street the jeep. I think if you wrap the ends you wont have to worry about them getting scratched up.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

Adjustment tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjustment tool   Adjustment tool Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 11:45 pm

I put them both together and they were sitting their and I had a awful feeling...

They are designed with a sleeve at the top to adjust ride height. Sitting on the floor fully extended the sleeve is almost at the lowest point when the springs are not compressed. If you adjust the top collar up then when the shock fully extends the lower spring falls off. The lower spring retainer just slips over the rod and has no type of retainer screw..

I had called the tech line today from work to see how far i should adjust the top collar down prior to installation. The tech said well you have to screw it down enough to hold the springs in.. I should of known then why he said it like that.......

All this time and money and then are designed like siht......

Image that a coilover on a trail rig that pops a spring when fully extended...guess rancho doesnt plan on rigs fully articulating...

Guess Im ordering Fox or buying a rear winch and running with that for awhile......
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Adjustment tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjustment tool   Adjustment tool Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:25 am

I would return them and run a rear winch. I had a great awakening yesterday while driving the jeep to get gas and BEER!!! king With the spool in the rear of mine I get a ton of lean from the solid rear. Think, thats with just leaf springs and revolvers. Matt you have the same rear with a 4 link that has crazy flex so I would imagine thats some of the reason that the rear has so much turning flex. I would think that a ARB in the rear would help as well.

That sucks that Rancho had a shitty design they get the jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adjustment tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjustment tool   Adjustment tool Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adjustment tool
Page 1 of 1