Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Hard top

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Hard top Empty
PostSubject: Hard top   Hard top Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 8:36 pm

Bought a hard top from a 2001 to put on my 2003 Rubicon. Everything lines up and sits perfectly. The only problem is I can't get the latches to snap onto the windshield. I am about a 1/4 inch shy of them snapping in.

Went to the dealer and they said that the windshields from a 2001 are a different model # than the 2003 as well as the latches. Even though all of the tops are marketed to fit 97 to 06. So basically they were no help.

Has anyyone had this problem or maybe know a fix.

Thanks!
Chris
Back to top Go down
treefrog
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
treefrog

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Hard top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard top   Hard top Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 9:23 pm

I know several people who have swapped the tops across the model years and have never heard of this problem before. In 03 they added the plastic trim around the inside of the windshield frame. Is that stopping it? I know the latches are different on the 2000 vs the 04 I have now, but they would still work.
Question...do you need to go 1/4" down or 1/4" forward for it to latch? Are the little rubber bushings seated between the top and the tub down by the door strikers?
You do have the latches in the full open position when you are trying to clip them in? Not trying to sound mean, just had to ask.
Hmmmm. Let us know how this one turns out.
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Hard top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard top   Hard top Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 9:29 pm

Got her on today! Just had to bend the metal latches a little and use some elbow grease and they snapped right in. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hard top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard top   Hard top Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4x4 Tech :: OFFROAD TECH-
Jump to: