Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Tow Dolly

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:42 pm

Okay so I bought this summer thinking I was never going to find a deal on a trailer. Well I might have found a deal that I can't pass up. Only problem is I need to sell the Tow Dolly to use the cash for the trailer. This has been the great for me so far but but with the new project in view I will really need a trailer for the Truggy. The dolly will come with everything I have for it. I have regular straps that are good for car tires all the way to 31's. Two months ago I had custom straps made that are ajustable from 33's to 38's. I have all the papers for the tow dolly. Its easy to tow with light trucks and SUVs. I have towed both my Jeep and the Toyota thru the mountains and never had a issue. Best two things about the dolly that I will miss is that to store it I lean it agains the back wall of my shop it takes up no space at all. Also it doesn't need to be taged. New the Dolly I have goes for 800-1000. I'm looking for 450 OBO. I dont have any current pictures of it at the moment but I would be happy to take some pictures for anyone with interest. Below is the link to mastertow who made the dolly. only difference is that mine has the metal fenders not the crappy plastic ones. Mine is the larger of the two that they sell.

http://www.mastertow.com/tow_dollies.html
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:46 pm

Thats a great price most used tow dollies go for $600 and they don have the big straps 9 good luck with the sale.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:18 pm

yeah I got a deal on it and I figured I would pass it on. I also installed new LED tail lights and marker lights on it. If it doesn't sell I will leave it in the back of the shop since it doesn't take up space or cost anything to keep. Anyone interested please email or PM if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm

It just got new tires and I'm looking for a trailer. Its for sale to the first one with a good offer and cash. I'm still trying to get 450 for it.
Back to top Go down
kiwiknoll
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:18 am

I am interested in the dolly, but do you think I could borrow it and try it out first I have never use a dolly before, but am thinking that I could use the pathfinder to pull the adrenaline jeep for comps with it...

Would want to at least hook up the jeep and take if for a spin around the block...

Greg
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:39 am

Hey Greg, nice to see that your getting on the board. Your welcome to use the Dolly anytime you need to. I could even meet you halfway with it if need to try it out or you could borrow it for a little while and give it a try if you want. I know nick would tow a car trailer with his pathfinder and do okay. I pull the jeep to the beach with Emily's explorer this summer and the dolly was a easy pull. Using the tow dolly vs. a trail has its ups and downs but a big up is the weight factor. I'm not sure how Nick's pathfinder did with the V6 but with the small V8 in our explorer it had no issues going up or down hill. But like I said before your welcome to try it out and see what you think if its not for you just let me know and there will be no hard feelings. This also goes for any club member that might be thinking about using there mid size SUV or pickup as a tow rig. I would not suggest using it on a weekly basis but as a way to tow your rig on a once a month or bimonthly use this is perfect for those that don't have a strong 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton truck. Also for those that do not have room to store a trailer. I store the dolly inside my shop on the rack and the man that owned it before me stored it by leaning it against his garage.
Back to top Go down
kiwiknoll
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: too late for tomorrow...   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:53 am

I am going to be at rausch tomorrow - any chance you are going to be up there too? I will have the blue jeep there for the scavenger hunt, so won't be towing.

It does have a hitch though if the trailer was going to be available...

Otherwise, we can wait - seems like I get down to skyline drive a lot this time of year.

Are you still using the dolly to move your rig in the mean time?

Greg
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:08 am

The dolly is free to use. i won't be at RC this weekend. I bought a trailer this week so once I get the van setup with a brake controller and transmission cooler I will be towing with the trailer. Let me know when you plan to run to skyline next I could meet you somewhere with it.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:43 pm

The Pathfinder will tow a dolly and the Jeep with little effort. That V6 is like 270hp - it was never really an issue of power. Get a set of cheap air ride bags with a manual air up valve ($100). It made a big difference even with the dolly and Hondas. The back suspension is pretty soft and the bags got rid of the squirm and made for a much more confident ride.

OH YAH, IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT YOUR ASS ON THIS FORUM!!!!
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male
Number of posts : 103
Emploi : piccotek
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Yea, I am just catching up on the posts from RCRocs. Seeing my name tossed around I might be feeling a little guilty... BTW great pictures from the finals, was nice to see.

Thanks for the tip on the dolly...

BTW today's scavenger hunt was a lot of fun - missed you guys there. Led my team to a win - won a cool 30k lbs towstrap.
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male
Number of posts : 103
Emploi : piccotek
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: dolly for loan.   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 am

Club announcement - Dolly is now mine - at least once Nester finds the title...

never the less - dolly is now living in Laurel - and available for anyone on the forum who needs to borrow it. Don't have a heavy duty tow rig here in Laurel to loan you too, but the dolly is here - 4 wire harness, 2" ball.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:17 am

I found it. PM or Email me your address.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tow Dolly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tow Dolly   Tow Dolly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tow Dolly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: For sale :: Items for sale-
Jump to: