Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Caught up on some repairs.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Caught up on some repairs. Empty
PostSubject: Caught up on some repairs.   Caught up on some repairs. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 10:08 pm

Jeep was finally thawed out in the garage so I caught up on some items that needed my attention. First was the 3rd member gasket on the rear end. Had to pull the axles out partway to get the third member out and found very little gasket material on there. The lower bolts were quite beat up and required new threads to be cut. I use the lubelocker gasket as Kat recommended and it worked great. While the axles were out I cleaned up the brakes which were caked with mud and the emergency brake shoes on the inner side of the rotors, lots of mud and corrosion. I am gonna have to replace those ebrake shoes. The rear came from currie and they used the ford explorer brakes so hopefully it is a direct fit. Also I changed the transfer case fluid which was like a chocolate milkshake. Got it all back together and did not run into any problems. Fortunately I had a couple of extra 3/8 - 24 nuts in the bolt bin to replace the ones I busted up on the rocks. I also hung the tailpipe to get ready for emissions. I just need to run a piece of pipe from the back of the muffler to the new tailpipe that goes over the axle. Made some headway on the list of things to repair before I take it out again.
Back to top Go down

Caught up on some repairs.
Page 1 of 1