Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Windshield Washer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Windshield Washer Empty
PostSubject: Windshield Washer   Windshield Washer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 4:29 pm

Ok probably a easy question but this is my first Jeep. The washer pumps fluid to the passenger side (I took it apart to confirm) but nothing comes out. Is there a way to clean this? Or is this a easily replaced part? With the snow coming and with that the salt. I hate not being able to see.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Windshield Washer Empty
PostSubject: re   Windshield Washer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 7:25 pm

So you are saying if you remove the hose from the pump it has pressure but nothing comes out at the other end of the hose at the wiper?? Is that correct..

If so try to get alittle air through there first and see if that helps..I am trying to remember how the hose is set up (unfortunately my buggy doesnt require wipers.LOL) Can you try and blow through the hose?? I just sent a jeep out this morning but next one that comes in I will check it out..
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Windshield Washer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield Washer   Windshield Washer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 4:07 am

Chris I moved this to the Tech section.
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Windshield Washer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield Washer   Windshield Washer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:00 am

I agree sounds like its clogged, I would mess around with it first before getting a new one.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Windshield Washer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield Washer   Windshield Washer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:56 am

Sorry for the wrong section and thanks for the move

Yes I took the hose off at the spray connection and had pressure. I will try some forced air through there later.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Windshield Washer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield Washer   Windshield Washer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:02 am

Hey Chris...

Don't know much about your Jeep (year/model, etc)...

I have an '04... also have the Factory Service Manual for it (Thanks Treefrog... hehehe... it is my Jeep Bible now... next to parts catalogs).

Anyway... back on topic... according to the factory manual mine is not servicible, only replaceable...

But that is factory... if mine is the same as yours it is only clipped in... disconnect the hose and pop it out.

After that... maybe soak it in rubbing alcohol or WD 40... not Jeep related, but I have a bowling alley machine I use at work that has sprayers which routinely clog, and that is how we unclog them... the chemical that clogs it is similiar to washer fluid... we soak them over night, then hit it with compressed air backwards (so as to not blow out the fine tip).

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
Sponsored content

Windshield Washer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield Washer   Windshield Washer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windshield Washer
Page 1 of 1