Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!

Go down 
+5
makitupthehardway
thinga'ma'rig
rockdw72
jealos-z
Locked_N_Loaded
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Empty
PostSubject: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Good weekend of weekend besides all the damn rain!!! I recommend Echo Valley for camping...$12.50 per person per night we fight 4 trucks w/trailers and had plenty of room to spare. As for wheeling we took it pretty easy on Saturday - well minus the FJ throwing a driveshaft and later a pinion. I never saw a driveshaft twisted tight enough to resemble a rose!

Rob wanted to give us a thrill on Bad Idea and it was just that - only better name i could think of it would be Really Bad F#@#$%* Idea. 40 or 50 yards into it, after winching up the first impossible climb he dropped down on a rock onto the crossmember and broke the transfer case in a few pieces. He had 2wd for a brief moment and then lost everything. There was every kind of winching you could imagine too keep rob's rig rubber side down and drag it up and out of the hole of hell. The pouring down rain made it extra pleasant but we eventually yanked it out w/3 winches and snatch blocks in every direction. HAPPY BIRTHDAY sorry your day of wheeling wasn't too much fun! Dozer and I came out on the left side of the hell hole and I had a nice vertical stand - prolly like 4 feet in the air on the front. Winch came out again and then it was time to tangle with another tree. 2nd gear full throttle worked pretty well! Anyway...enough babbling - here are the pics!

http://picasaweb.google.com/njf128/RauschCreek_05_1718_08
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Yes it was fun even with the rain Nick you ate that trail up man that was awesome I am on a F--ken mission I will win. Echo valley is great camping
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:38 pm

Sorry I pussed out. I was stuck helping my grand parents move. My mom has 8 sisters and they all have husbands that didn't show up (they were the smart ones). So what was supposed to be a one day thing turned into two and all my aunts were fighting over who gets what the whole time, Moms and I were like WTF. Sometimes its sucks having a truck. I would have rather been winching all day in the rain.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:42 pm

Hahaha that sucks dude...i thought i was the only one who got jammed into b/s situations like that. How bout saturday with bill and I?
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:15 pm

http://picasaweb.google.com/jealosz/RobsBirthday Here are Amy's pics and I have declared war on that trail
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:10 pm

wow, nice pics, that trail looks assume. i would like to try that next time at rausch 9
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:24 pm

Awesome pics...good job amy!! You can really appreciate the angles shooting from up above. Awesome action shot crashing around that tree at the top too! Dozer will love the pic of him dragging rob - you might be in trouble for that one amy!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Yup I'm with Rob this is war.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:18 pm

Toward the end of Saturday we passed you guys down around L3... only say the monster S10...

We paused a few minutes to watch you, but had to continue on since I had a few guys low on gas...

Looks like you were having a blast though...
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Doggon it! I am missing all the fun, Man you guys had a ball out there! Good shots. May I recommend that whenever there are more than one camera they shot the pictures form diferent angles to get the best off all of them. Amy, good Job, who was the other photo taker. I do have a question of too. like who is who in the pictures, I've been missing from action so long I don't recognize many people there.

Who is this? This rig is sick man. Awesome!
Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! 0517081449

Who is this?
Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! 0518081221b

Who is this?
Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! 0517081413

Who is this?
Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! IMG_8707

Who is this?
Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! IMG_8691
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:45 am

I was the other photo taker. The monster S10 on rockwells and 46"s is Chris. The Black YJ with Yellow Cage is Chuck. The silver unlimited is Nick aka Dozer or Power Window Pete as chris called him sporting air suspension and some slick work from front to back. The rolled CJ was from another group we ran into on CV trail. That thing sure was pretty. The FJ was Todd - bought that thing for $450 and was running the black level "O" trail with us. Chris, Chuck, and Todd are all from Rob Chyko's area and Dozer is from Philly.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:55 am

The S-10 is chris the owner of SPP 4X4
The silver jeep is Dozer this jeep is neet with the full air bag set up
The black yj is me chuck this is my new rig built at SPP4X4
The roll over pic is a group we came across saturday he was not happy
The toyota L.C. is a friend of ours he has spoted for Rob before
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:57 am

There you are chuck...thanks for feeding me dude!!! I was a little unprepared for camping to say the least!!
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:00 pm

well that shows you how fast at typeing i am nick I start my measage on who every one was by the time i was done you allready post it
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:03 pm

no proplem i had a blast camping next time we could us a little less rain i think im still drying out
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:01 pm

I just wana say thanx to all of you I had a blast .Tcase is back together it came apart in 8 pieces 9 ready for round 3
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:39 pm

lol! ...

...fight
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:14 am

Dude...my reaction to the pictures of that t-case were priceless. My jaw dropped and then I just started laughing. That's some goooooood carnage!! I like how you break a t-case in pieces yet my minor front driveshaft carnage ends up costing me more! The driveshaft guy was amazed it wasn't bent by the amount of rock rash on it but the damn slip wore out majorly.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:47 pm

T-case cost nuten all back 2gether ready to go winch is getn fixed friday, jeep just needs to dry the hell out
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:16 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
Hahaha that sucks dude...i thought i was the only one who got jammed into b/s situations like that. How bout saturday with bill and I?

I would but a couple of people want to go to treverton scratch One of them might drop out. if he does, we might go to RC but will be doing blues and light blacks
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:15 pm

we can do anything and once you get out there you wont be able to resist
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:57 pm

We will be there gotta break in new case 9
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:29 pm

I know, but the guy comming with me has a samurai on 35s, welded rear, stock gears and axles. if I take him though blacks all day he will either break something or nuke his clutch. if he breaks early we will track you guys down
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:54 pm

Ya know...looking at Bad Idea in the dry made it a much different story. Besides the first climb, that is a very "doable" trail and I'm waiting to come across the "oh that trail was easy I don't know what the big deal is" and I'm gonna track them and beat them with my hi-lift saw2 For that reason I think I'd rather the trees stay put and I'm gonna have to go back and pull a Bill and remove Dozer's paving.

LOL...just a thought ya know?
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:55 pm

from the looks of these pics it looks like they made it with out winching
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687405
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!   Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robs Birthday Run at Rausch - BAD IDEAx2!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next