Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008 Empty
PostSubject: ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008   ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:33 pm

First let me thanks all the members that showed for this event: Gill and Cindy, Tony and Laurie, Paul Trautner, Clarke, John and Patricia, Kathy Georganas-Valis and son Joe, Scott Ray and son Jesse (New member), Wood, Danny Connors and girlfriend Karen and the Vince McMahon crew. Making an appearance was Kathy V. Meneghini.

Wow, it was a hot day in the upper 90's and I can prove it. Like usual there were Jeeps everywhere. There was the articulation ramp, which I could see, I was attending our table, the car crushing was funny, the Adams crew tried to get there unit up and over but didn't event make it across, it had a leaky transmission.
There guides need work on the field before they can guide people on such course, standing to close to the vehicle forcing the drivers to shorten their power drive, allowing non Jeep vehicles to cross the crashing car course, that have no business on the course to begin with. It’s a JEEP JAM, not a 4x4 jam! First the owner of the truck tried to power through and got stuck for a spell. Taking time from the people on line who be waiting on line and were registered. Then you had some knucklehead paining his rig around the other rigs, idiot had to be told twice to not do that! The food was good, them kids where cooking up a meal and sold just about everything.
The DJ, kept the place jamming, there where TV crew filming the event, sure it might show on the local news tonight. The FirstSgt Baker of the Marines 4th Combat Engineering Battalion in Baltimore arranged for a telecast to Iraq for a young Marine named Cale, whose mother wanted to do something special for him and owned a YJ Jeep in need of serious repairs. She is involved with the Jeep community by association with other people and Adams Jeep Offered to secure all the parts and equipment required for building his Jeep, repainting it, lifting it and gearing it up for the trails. The Young Marine was overwhelmed to say the least. It was a good thing to do for one of our own who is servicing our Country.
On with the judging and the prizes, both of which I didn’t win anyway…..Vince won again for his class and that’s all I know about it about it.

Clarke had to show the people how to climb the cars and drive through them followed by a few others among them Scott Ray, Wood, Tony and unfortunately Gill who busted a tire before even getting anywhere. It was a great showing from the club. Met up with folks I hadn’t seen for a long while and members new to the club. Carnage for the day includes and I am sure is not limited to: 1 muffler, 3 tires, 1 transmission and 1 blown out front locking hub that I know of. Thank you again, for your participation and support. See you on Next Sunday for a run with Paul Trautner.

Slide presentation here:
ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008 Th_IMG_0336

Last edited by The Devil Dog on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Scott Ray
Open/Open
Open/Open
Scott Ray

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-19

ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008   ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Finally got to meet up with Tico today and join the club,Thank you Tico for your very pleasant welcome into the MRR's. And i would like to send out another Thank you to Wood's for coming up to me as soon as i got there this morning and introducing himself to me and speaking with me for a while! Thank you Scott
Back to top Go down

ADAMS JEEP JAM 2008
Page 1 of 1