Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Beware Adams Jeep of Md

Go down 
+5
Rockn93YJ
md4wheelin
The Devil Dog
makitupthehardway
twaustintcbc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
twaustintcbc
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male
Number of posts : 12
Emploi : USMC
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Beware Adams Jeep of Md Empty
PostSubject: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Hey, just bought a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Adams in Aberdeen. Wanted to let everyone know not to deal with this lying poor excuse of a dealership. I paid cash for the Grand and like a dumbass listened to the sales manager, finance manager and salesman that I had to fill out a credit application (even though they sware they will not pull my credit) SINCE I WROTE THEM A CHECK. Well guess what I got in the mail today!? Letters from Chrysler and another lender about my credit inquiry. I called the dealership and spoke to the GM to ask WTF why do you or anyone need my credit when I wrote a check for the vehicle he tells me that since I wrote a check they had to pull my credit to secure funds until the check cleared! The night I bought this car I explained in explicit detail that I was paying with cash (check) and I do not want my credit pulled and they acknowledged and said they would not do so! I am the idiot that signed the credit application under false lies from the staff and management at Adams. Long story short I have spent alot of money at Adams since getting my Wrangler lifted there in the summer and now buying this Grand Cherokee if that is how they treat customers willing to pay so much up front how do they treat the customers who finance through a third party bank once they receive thier money from the bank? I will never go to Adams again not even for my free oil changes which came with the deal --- they will probably piss in my fuel tank to make me pay for something else.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Adams Jeep sucks.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:21 pm

Tim, I am sorry you had such bad experiancewith them, they have undergone a lot of changes and I keep hearing about all the bad things going on there,from the way they tread the customer to what you just stated. I know they check the credit to ensure that you are good for it. The day of my word is good are just noit there any more. They have to back everything. If youhave done busyness there before and spend moeny then they could have honored your request. Who are the parties involved? I can talk to Mr. Adamsthe majority stock holder. But it's Mr. Haak who's the GM.

Not that it would change anything, but is there something I can do to help?
I wish you had come to me for your Jeep interests. I sell them where I am too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:54 pm

Tico why would they have to pull your credit to back up a check when all they have to do is call the bank to make sure the check is good. You could have the worst credit in the world but if your paying cash it wouldn't matter so there was no reason to check it. I'm sorry to say it but when it comes to dealing with car salesmen never believe a damn word they say. It basicaly comes down to the fact that they have to make the sale or starve. In a starving situation what would you do? I would do what ever it takes to eat. Yes not all salemen are like this but in the end its better safe then sorry.
Back to top Go down
twaustintcbc
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male

PostSubject: Doubt anything can be done   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:49 pm

I did spend money there this summer when I got the lift, tires, wheels, fender flares and all done before goign up too RC withtthe club in July for W.E. Rock and paid up front then also. I know nothing will or can be done and it's not like they hurt me in anyway it is just the basis, I pulled my account up online for the finance manager when I filled out the paperwork for the sale to show her that the money was in my account before I wrote the check. The check cleared the day after my credit was ran from the dates I received on the letter. Anyway what is done is done we learn by our mistakes and Adams won't get a referral or another dime from this sucker. I like the Grand and even though am selling my Wrangler am gonna be in the market for something older (somthing I can drive it like I stole it) so I will get with you when I am ready to get my next project Jeep I can get out on the trails. Plus I want something this time that I can do the work to myself and get some good knowledge out of.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 am

In this day and age anyone can write a check. I can see their point about making sure the check is going to be good by getting backup information. even if they call the bank a person could go and write a check somewhere else and suddenly the money isn't there anymore. even a cashiers check can be phony. Its unfortunate that this happens but we all pay the price because of it. Now with that said I would never deal with them because they lied about it to you to make a sale. I don't deal with dishonest or misleading people and they were wrong for doing it that way. they should have told you that from the start. Seems to be a common thing to get posts of unfavorable experiences from Addams.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 11:11 am

The way to do it if paying cash is to have a certified check for most of the amount. If you know the car is about 20K get a cashiers check for 15K then use personal for the balance. I would assume they would be more apt to trust if they had definite for most. Once you sign the credit app you know they are going to run it - the Finance guy makes his money off the finance deals. And he isnt necessarily looking for the best deal for you since some banks may offer "incentives" for using them.

Always go in willing to walk. In this day in age we want easy, so we have forgotten how to negotiate and it works for people like car dealerships - we now accept the no hassle deal remember that there are many places that sell the same thing - if one wont deal, another will. Theres a lot of negotiating power when you stand up and say "If you cant help me then tear up the paperwork" and if you mean it, and do it, then that might give them the incentive. It was amazing to see what terms the Finance guy could give me when I was getting my daughter a car. After 2 hours they said they couldnt give me the payment I had told them she needed. I stood up after he had seen his manager twice and took the papers in hand and said Ok thanks for your time you obviously cant help me. As the hand started to tear it was wait a minute let me make a call. Bingo I magically had a paper with the payment and term that was very close to what I wanted. But again be reasonable - I can see them willing to walk on a personal check, but not on certified.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:10 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
Tico why would they have to pull your credit to back up a check when all they have to do is call the bank to make sure the check is good. You could have the worst credit in the world but if your paying cash it wouldn't matter so there was no reason to check it. I'm sorry to say it but when it comes to dealing with car salesmen never believe a damn word they say. It basicaly comes down to the fact that they have to make the sale or starve. In a starving situation what would you do? I would do what ever it takes to eat. Yes not all salemen are like this but in the end its better safe then sorry.
Your right there was no reason to check it, unless they where trying to convert the sale to a loan and thus saving him the cash flow and making a little more on the financing. But as explained, no they should not have pulled the credit.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:42 pm

It is unfortunate that one of our sponsors had to step out like that, but is could have been many things that employed their action. Whatever they did, it was wrong. Now as for the rest of the info herein, there are a lot of point well put out. I am a salesman, thank GOD, I don't have to go that route, in fact I have left dealership that put my intergrety in question to serve their needs. It's there customer, but it's my word at stake.

Guys, if there is a way I can earn your business in a vehicle ask me, I can do a lot in many casess, if I can't I will let you know. Keep the money in the inner circle, support each other with products and services. Besides that is how the wealthy work, within the inner circle.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 7:50 pm

I don't care what anybody says....Adam's Jeep Sucks! Says so on my Jeep. Could go on for hours about my dealing with them, but most everybody knows how that all went down. dgsagasjfhah

I think the point here is not that they had to check to see if the funds were good...it is that they LIED! Fargin Iceholes. jjjjjjjjjjj

If they said they had to pull credit, then other options could have been explored. Besides which, they couldn't use any information gathered to collect the money other than to have a SS# to sue with.
Back to top Go down
twaustintcbc
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:15 am

Like you all said we know how bad Adams is and now I definitley know first hand! Tico is right as far as the wealthy and keeing the money in the inner circle I will be in the market for a new vehicle this summer (trade the wifes car) and Tico I will call you first! I will also be looking for an older model Wrangelr here in a few months. Thanks for the support guys I need to get one of those "Adams Jeep Sucks" stickers and park both the Jeeps out in front of thier dealership one weekend!!
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 1:44 am

Got a 98 TJ Sahara if you're interested
Back to top Go down
Jeepers
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
Jeepers

Male
Number of posts : 47
Emploi : US Army
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Unscrupulous car dealers are everywhere. I flat out refuse to go to the nearest Jeep dealer here. If I need dealer work done, I go clear across the other side of the island to Windward Jeep to get what I need. I am treated with respect and not taken advantage of. At the dealership down the street from me, I am just another Haole they think they can sucker. Fortunately, I know more about Jeeps than the average salesman.

When I went to get a new Jeep (don't ask what happened to the old one, it wasn't pretty) those knuckleheads told me I didn't really know how to drive a Jeep so I should look for something else! Then they tried to talk me into a 2007 JK that was two wheel drive!!! This clown tried to tell me that Jeep doesn't make a 4x4 wrangler anymore. It's really a shame, because there was a very nice looking 2001 TJ Rubicon on the lot for $18,000. I left thoroughly pi$$ed off and went to Windward. Not only did they treat me like family, but they got me a killer deal on a 2001 TJ and let me put it on a military allotment so my payments are never late.

Don't get discouraged, good dealerships are out there and worth driving a few extra miles to get to.
Back to top Go down
Jeepers
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
Jeepers

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:12 pm

Tico, that's awesome that you work for a car dealer. Perhaps you can help my wife when she and the kids get back to Baltimore in January. She will be looking for a good family car (minivan, suv, wagon, etc) that gets good gas mileage and is fairly low maintenance.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:06 pm

You got it, just let me know when they get here. Or have her e-mail me when she can make an appointment.
Back to top Go down
Jeepers
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
Jeepers

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:50 am

Will do. Mahalo's bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware Adams Jeep of Md   Beware Adams Jeep of Md Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beware Adams Jeep of Md
Page 1 of 1