Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Lift questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Lift questions Empty
PostSubject: Lift questions   Lift questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:18 am

I am thinking of adding some more lift to my rig. First let me start by saying I have a budget 2.5 inch on there now. I was thinking of adding some 3 inch springs to the mix, but I am not sure what all needs to be changed. I know the sway bar connectors do and shocks. But what about the arms?
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Lift questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift questions   Lift questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:58 pm

5.5" is a lot for a jk. cant you fit 35s on 2.5" of lift. any more the 3" total you should replace the lower arms, and uppers depending if you need it to get the pinions right. You might also have to change some steering stuff too.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Lift questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift questions   Lift questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:13 pm

This is all from http://www.jk-forum.com/

In the FAQs http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18617

Q: What size lift do I need to get in order to fit 33" Tires?
A: Stock will work but a 2" budget boost will be a perfect fit.

Q: What size lift do I need to get in order to fit 35" Tires?
A: I would recommend a minimum of a 2.5" budget boost but a 3" lift would be a better fit. You can also install a 2" budget boost and 1" body lift to get you there as well.

Q: What size lift do I need to get in order to fit 37" Tires?
A: I would recommend no less than 4" of lift to clear 37's.

Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 3" lift?
A: At bare minimum, you should have a set of 3" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, rear brake line extension brackets, new longer rear sway bar links (factory links can be installed up front), adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. Optimally, I would recommend adjustable front upper and lower control arms as well as they will help you set your caster to the appropriate angle it needs to be. Also, if you have a 2-door, adjustable rear upper control arms and a new double cardin U-joint style drive shaft would be highly advisable.

Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 4" lift?
A: For a 4" lift, you should have a set of 4" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, extended brake lines, longer sway bar links, adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, dropped pitman arm, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear and new double cardin u-joint style drive shafts.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Lift questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift questions   Lift questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:31 pm

Thanks for the advise. I agree with what you say. I am just kicking around ideas right now. A big part of my issue is the stretch between wheels. I can fit the 35's with no problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lift questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift questions   Lift questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lift questions
Page 1 of 1