Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Back in town, but still down

Go down 
+2
The Devil Dog
projblacknblue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back in town, but still down Empty
PostSubject: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:19 am

So it has been awhile... I have been AWOL since Adams Jeep Show... a ton going on.

Many jeep parts being scavenged and collected... don't want to spill a ton of beans but lets just say I played with the big boys before and held my own... time for bigger and better...

Still riding on the spare after slashing the front on the car crush... no point buying new tire when upping the size in a few weeks.

Non jeep related I did one of those "trips of a lifetime"... Brother finished his service with the Army, so I flew to Tacoma, WA and then drove the 30' Penske back to Buffalo for him and his wife (Laurie went too of course).

We did some white water rafting in Yellowstone, stopped in Sturgis to see all the bikes coming into town for the rally, saw Mt Rushmore... visited Mall Of America, and stopped at every Cabelas along the way (9 I think... lost count after the first 7).

The drive was long (logged 3810 miles in 8 days)... camped outdoors or slept in the truck at truck stops for all of it...

5 CDs full of pictures, and stories for our kids and grand kids to hear for years and years.

Now if only my youngest brother would ask me to help him move from Hawaii... hmmmmm.... maybe next summer cheers

I will be at RCROCS in Sept for the finals... not competing obviously... just observing and adding to my collection of parts.

Soon... very soon... Black n Blue will be riding high on the trails again.

Pics of the mods and build up will come... of course I don't think the insurance company wants to see me taking a cut off disc or sawz all to him.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... 9
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:03 pm

Tony like ususal, Love hearing about youor aventures. sounds like you had a fun time driving across the states. Looking forward ot your trail rididng again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Photos From The Trip (abridged... this is 50 of over 1,500)

https://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t65/prophoto26/Cross%20Country%202008/?action=view&current=ec239fb8.pbw
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:35 pm

nice to hear from you again
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:48 pm

tony just let me know when your back up for another round of follow the leader spank
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:22 am

Great pictures of your journey. Thanks for sharing them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:48 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
tony just let me know when your back up for another round of follow the leader spank

Well... lift on order... as is SYE and driveshaft...

all i will say for now is long arm... due to all the bent frame mounts and messed up trac bar mounting hole it was my only option.

I have a lot of other parts acquired... and 4 more to pick up at RCROCS finals...

then the hunt for rims and tires...

its not gonna be Monster S10 big... but I should be able to follow you better than before Joe... (still Open/Open... for now... axles will have to be on the list next... but I'll get the bugs worked out first).

I would luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv to be ready by ADA... but that may be a small miracle... we shall see.

Tony dfjsksdkfjsd
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:53 pm

Hey Tony if you want to come down to VA one weekend before and nock out the SYE and drive shaft we can do it at my house. Unless someone else up there wants to open there house to do work at. The long arm is a little more work and will take more time but I will be game for helping anyway I can.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:34 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Hey Tony if you want to come down to VA one weekend before and nock out the SYE and drive shaft we can do it at my house. Unless someone else up there wants to open there house to do work at. The long arm is a little more work and will take more time but I will be game for helping anyway I can.

Awesome... thanks Nester... I will keep you posted once I have gathered all the necessary parts... I am so anxious to get it all together... each UPS day at work is exciting (except for my receiver... he wants me to track it so he can take those days off asdyuysigidfdjbisd )
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:47 pm

Tony,
Take Nester up on that. He is the Man when it comes to tearing apart the Tcase for the SYE install!! 9

I have plenty of driveway space available now at the new place in Parkville if you want to bring it up and work on it.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:00 pm

I can take my show on the road.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:42 pm

connordanny wrote:
Tony,
Take Nester up on that. He is the Man when it comes to tearing apart the Tcase for the SYE install!! 9

I have plenty of driveway space available now at the new place in Parkville if you want to bring it up and work on it.

Nester/Danny - PM sent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in town, but still down   Back in town, but still down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in town, but still down
Page 1 of 1