Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

98 Dodge Dakota

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

98 Dodge Dakota Empty
PostSubject: 98 Dodge Dakota   98 Dodge Dakota Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:35 pm

This is not a priority compared to Black N Blue, but it does need to be fixed...

The specs... 1998 Dodge Dakota... V6 Magnum, 4WD...

It is all rusted thru, but still runs strong...

200,000 miles (mostly highway from Buffalo to Erie, PA and back... a lot for dad's job). Miles are still miles though...

Both doors are rusted... cosmetically and mechanically... the inner handle will not reset itself when pulled to open (have to push it or door won't close). Doors don't lock either (key or lever/button).

Seats are shot (supports broke... but temperpedic pillows make up for it asdyuysigidfdjbisd )

The bed is rusted around the rear wheels, thru in some places...

The tail gate also rusted so it locks shut with clips now.

Rear bumper mashed in (my brother doesn't know how to back up to a hitch)...

Mechanically it is solid... exhaust is LOUD but no leaks and passes emissions scratch

And then the break in... well... not really into because the doors don't lock...

Shifter is broken (plastic knob with O/D switch)... The plastic cover for the column is torn off, and the ignition was ripped out...

A friend of mine (former police officer) said it looked like kids tried a screwdriver in the lock... then ripped it out...

The ignition itself is still intact (I think)... I just need a new key/tumbler cylinder (I think)...

I get pissed when I walk by the truck, which gets me out of the mood to tear into the column, but I will try to get a better look at it this weekend.

For now I pulled the battery, a few crucial wires and relays, and pretty much disabled it from future hooligans...

It does make me nervous that the Jeep is in the same boat... pointless to lock a soft top...

So to summarize... my shopping list

Ignition cylinder w/Key
Shift Lever (column because it is Auto)
Doors (or fix these)
Seats
Rear Bumper
Tail gate
Whole case o Bondo
12 pack
Time...

Dad wanted me to buggy it (Monster S10 style)... to me it has too much sentimental value... then again... I am beating on my DD...

scratch asdasfferrgf
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

98 Dodge Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: 98 Dodge Dakota   98 Dodge Dakota Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:35 pm

Tony we just need to plan a trip to the junk yard. We can hunt for Axles for the TJ and parts for the beater. My shopping list for parts is growing and I will need to make a trip in the months to come. I could meet you up there one saturday or sunday near buy and then we can do some hunting for parts. most of what your looking for will cost less than a 100 bucks. The doors might throw you over but that would be about it.
Back to top Go down

98 Dodge Dakota
Page 1 of 1