Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

New tires ordered...again!

Go down 
+6
Locked_N_Loaded
chics4jeeps
jealos-z
makitupthehardway
rockdw72
Rockn93YJ
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

New tires ordered...again! Empty
PostSubject: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Bought a set of Irocs from 4 wheel parts and got the email confirmation saying they are on backorder 2-4 weeks from the factory back on the 29th of aug. I sent an email expressing my displeasure with the status of the tires and especially since the web site didn't say they were not in stock. They did send an email back and said they were sorry and they would get them out as quick as possible. I called today and the "order has been picked and you should receive them in a few days". We'll see if that is true or not. I think next time I will call in my order instead of ordering online and make sure they are in stock at the time of order.
By the way my old bias Iroks were 36x13.5x17 and the new ones are 37x14x17. the tire specifications are identical so I'm not sure if there is an actual difference or not. I'll be able to compare them when they come in since both sets will be on 17x9 rims.

Last edited by Rockn93YJ on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Thats cool. Now for the fun part of dismounting the staz rims. ...but you have done it once before, right. To put the rings on.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:45 am

I've already dismounted the old tires from the beadlocks. Wasn't too bad. I took the old tires and mounted them by hand onto the Hummer rims and put those on the CJ. Mounting the new tires on the beadlocks will be a PITA with 32 bolts per wheel and having to use a few longer bolts first to get the ends to meet but I think I have a system now.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:38 pm

If you need a hand let me know. I can ride out your way and help.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:37 pm

I just may give you a call then, probably be next thurs around 6 if the tires truly do get here by then. You could pick up your tires/wheels then too. Next saturday is the RCROCS final and I may drive up there so next chance after thursday is sunday sometime.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:02 am

Text or Call me. Thursday afternoons are perfect for me cause Emily has call and I tend waste time at the bar if there are no projects to be done.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:28 pm

I will call you as soon as I know something
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Iroks were still backordered when I called back to confirm they shipped so I cancelled the order. then ordered a set of Krawlers which I will pick up at the RCRocks event on saturday. Thanks Nick!
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:22 pm

I wouldve waited for the IROCKS
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 pm

the Iroks would not have been here before big dogs and that means I'd have to wheel the tires I sold to Nester. not exactly fair. I really like the Iroks but I'm a little impatient with jeep stuff. I can't sleep right without a good set of rubbers on my heep.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:31 pm

I'll install them on sunday, Nester if you are still available we can make the trade then.
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:59 pm

I've had bad customer service with 4wheel parts jjjjjjjjjjj ...good you cancelled order....I ordered shocks for the pick up and they sent the wrong ones twice then gave me major attitude because I told them they weren't correct. Not to mention the second time the guy was pissy and made me pay to ship them back...so I wrote a nasty gram to customer service...they called me almost right away, sent a return UPS address label and refunded all my money including the original shipping charges. Still not going to do business with them anymore...bastards 3
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:58 pm

Rob just want you to get IROKS so we still have a chance of keeping up with you! jkfg lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:07 pm

This will be interesting. Maybe Crawlers on bead locks will make a difference in the way they run. I have always been a fan of the IROKS but maybe this will bring new light to the debate.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Like i said to you bill...you won't be dissapointed.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:24 pm

Not in the snow they suck, dry rocks you will never beat a krawler I always liked the looks of them but in my cheapazz opinion i would take irocks over krawlers ne day of the week just for how versatile they are
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 pm

I really like the iroks but I felt it was time to step it up a notch. the 37 irok was actually about 36". the krawler 37 is 37 so it is a slight difference. the Irok has great tread for most terrain and I can't say anything bad about them. as for not doing well in the snow...who cares. I can make up for that with throttle!
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Thats what Nick thought one day lol! I am not knocking them just from wheeling with Nick they are not worth the fortune they cost.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 pm

I have seen iroks wrap around rocks like suction cups
irocks RULE 9

sorry nick but sometimes your friends need to have an intervention to set them straight spank
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:00 am

SPP YJ wrote:

sorry nick but sometimes your friends need to have an intervention to set them straight spank

lol!
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:10 am

we'll find out. having run the bias Irocs and now going to krawlers I will be able to make a good comparison. With beadlocks running 6-7 psi.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:48 am

How soon we forget...

jealos-z wrote:
Not in the snow they suck, dry rocks you will never beat a krawler

I can't wait to hear the pansy ass excuses coming out of you guys when you see what krawlers do on a rig built much better than mine.

I agree on the versatility of the irok but unless i would be going to reds either creepys or krawlers i would do the blue krawlers again. The iroks seems to like to chunk a lot more than the krawlers. We know the pros and cons for trail conditions, i just seem to notice that with the iroks and haven't seen any mention of it.

I'm still curious how much a sipe would help the kralwers in the snow but the biggest issue with them in the snow is lateral traction and I'll admit, it gets to be frustrating.

I still call it a toss up and I think this ends up being a Ford vs. Chevy battle. It's also hard for me to have a solid opinion not wheeling the iroks as it should be for you guys not wheeling krawlers. You can't form a solid opinion from "watching" a tires performance. Maybe my opinion would change on iroks if I wheeled them. Bill will have much more credibility on this argument after running each and I'm excited to see the outcome either way.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:57 pm

New tires ordered...again! Dscn0910

suck it irok bitches
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Sweet..............

Almost as nice as my Creepys ............

Guess thats like throwing the Dodge into the Chevy vs Ford argument... lol!
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:22 pm

creepy's would be my next choice from krawlers you won't get a drop of an argument out of me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tires ordered...again!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next