Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

New tires ordered...again!

Go down 
+6
Locked_N_Loaded
chics4jeeps
jealos-z
makitupthehardway
rockdw72
Rockn93YJ
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 pm

Hey Nick your no fun to argue with and I will say u have made bad idea and I havent so hats off to you and your overpriced Krawlers jocolor
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:49 pm

sdsfhhgdigdhfo
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:19 pm

creepys dont come in a 17 rim x 37" size, only on a 15" rim. I did look at them but even if they did come in 17x37 you are really talkin some $$$$$$
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:23 pm

I really want the 37's but dont want to put out the money when the 35's are like 90% new.

I am partial to BFG though.. I am looking at the KM2's for the tow rig..Unfortunately they dont make the 285's in a E load range.. They are just a street design of the Krawler.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Ok so I just came back to stare at the picture again. 9
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:42 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Yea Really where the pics of these awesome tires Bill get off the asd and get them mounted
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:36 pm

I know but teh camera is in the tow vehicle which is in the shop so no digital stuff until later. Nester came up and helped me mount them. took about 5 hours with cleaning up the rims and silicone and getting the seals right. then mounted and look really cool. I installed the 1.5" spacers and the added width looks awesome. unfortunately I found the kingpins are going bad and need replacement before it ends in disaster.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:15 pm

They look sweet on the rig.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Prob not near as good as IROCKS looked lol!
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Well the IROCs do look pretty sweet on the CJ. Will even look better once I fire up the big block and leave a 13.5" wide tracks and a cloud of smoke down through my neighborhood. 9
I must say that there is no break in required of the Krawlers. The irocs had to be aired down and driveen on the street for about 15 minutes before they loosened up. The krawlers bite ya on the ass if you try to sit on the uninflated tire. I decided to run spacers to set the krawlers out from the control arms some and that required cutting the wheel studs down to size in the front. Also had to use bulge acorn nuts so I could get a socket inside the wheel spacer and still use 9/16 nuts. Track width is 3" wider now front and rear but no tire grind any more on the control arms in the front wiht full turns. The kingpin rebuild is complete also so what started as "lets just mount the tires" turned into a 9-8:30 work day on the jeep. it was hot but the beer was cold and I had a great time. For those that want to see the tires on the rig...see ya at big dogs or you will just have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:28 am

Can't wait to see it...i wish i lived closer to you guys so i could be apart of more jocolor
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:50 pm

New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Krawlersinstalledwebimage

New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Krawlersfrontview
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Sweet, looks awesome!!!!! That rig belongs in the ultimate adventure - i'll ride shotgun!!!
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:57 pm

That looks sweet 9
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Looks are nice but we'll give them the true test this weekend.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:49 pm

should of held out for these
http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,3128.0.html
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:15 pm

That sucks I would kill for those tires.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:50 am

That is usually the way it goes with me. Buy something and find a screaming deal shortly afterwards. I like the idea of red label but I want tires that will last more than a wheeling season.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:47 am

New Shoes look Great!! 9
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:45 pm

i will take krawlers over any tire any day of the week. bill are they reds or blues?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 am

Blues.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Ok so my last post was lost to the internet bugs forever and it was a pretty thorough review. In short the Krawlers are by far a much better tire on all terrain than the iroks. Stuff I had to struggle up before were no problem at all this time. Only exception is lateral traction. on turns on wet ground or off camber turning the krawlers will allow you to slide sideways or present with significant understeer. If you drive it in snow then they will suck. With all that said I will never go back to Iroks and feel the $150 extra per tire is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tires ordered...again!   New tires ordered...again! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tires ordered...again!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2