Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Rock Racing at Rausch!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Rock Racing at Rausch! Empty
PostSubject: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:48 am

Just saw an official post from Bruce that Rausch will do a "trial" of rock racing late 2009, prob sept and nov just like they did for the RCRocs competiton.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:24 pm

There has been a lot of talk and a lot of plans for the incomming years. bruce is trying to keep everyone interested in the sport and brake the normal runs to the unexpected. That's one way to keep you retunring, he is doing an excellent job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey if you need a spotter just let me know. Something is telling me you have that 454 in the CJ for a reason.
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male
Number of posts : 103
Emploi : piccotek
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:12 am

That would be awesome! I don't see myself running, but would love to get out there as a spectator.
Back to top Go down
lt.dan
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
lt.dan

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:14 am

no spoters in rockraceing, or judges. so get some pom poms sdsfhhgdigdhfo
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:20 am

I just read the thread on RC site - they talk about toned down kickoff events. I am a little tempted... Anyone have any videos from XRRA events so I can get the idea? Of course I could just go in and run it slow to see how I do...

Greg
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:23 am

xrra is high speed at times with gap jumps, ramps and spots where boulders require a technical approach. I don't see rausch doing that. the event that KGB did could have been run by anyone but certainly favored big tires and an automatic transmission. rules will probably be strict as far as safety, probably fire suit 6 point tied in cage etc. I'm really looking forward to doing this.
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:48 am

Depending on my commitment once I learn more - if anyone is interested in taking a rig out I have a full fire suit that could be loaned out. Am 6'1, 225 lbs (for fitment) and includes nomex shoes (sz 10.5), gloves, socks, and balaklava.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:18 pm

adrenaline325 wrote:
Depending on my commitment once I learn more - if anyone is interested in taking a rig out I have a full fire suit that could be loaned out. Am 6'1, 225 lbs (for fitment) and includes nomex shoes (sz 10.5), gloves, socks, and balaklava.

I'm going to do this and may be interested. at 6'3" and 230" it will probably work. Isn't balaklava a greek dessert? or is it Baklava?
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:15 am

Tasty and fireproof.

I am leaning away from the racing with the adrenaline jeep - seems like it would get expensive in a hurry. Next time I know you are going to be at a ride remind me and I will bring the suit to see if it fits.

might be tight groin to shoulders... shoes fit?

Greg
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:46 am

It will definitely be tight in the groin, happens every time I fire up that big block. shoes are a 12. The CJ I am building is going to be perfect for this. 454 and auto tranny and I really don't care if I barrel roll through the course. It will be fun! I still have a lot of work to do but hope to have it ready by Big Dogs spring fling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Racing at Rausch!   Rock Racing at Rausch! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Racing at Rausch!
Page 1 of 1