Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Racing Rig?

Go down 
+8
Locked_N_Loaded
rockdw72
thinga'ma'rig
md4wheelin
Rockn93YJ
MonsterS10
makitupthehardway
Kim Matzen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 am

On Ebay Motors 1994 YJ, item # 120489146071. Tried to highlight the link, I'm a tard and can't get it to work to place here. Think this might be a good start for a racer, can anyone comment.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:48 pm

I would ask for more pictures. Are RE super flex joints good?
Back to top Go down
MonsterS10
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MonsterS10

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:58 pm

I believe it says 4 link in the front i see leaf springs no description on trans & transfercase . I think bolt on cages aren't legal for the racing
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:09 pm

1994 YJ7 Custom Pro-Stock Competition Rock Crawler Jeep that has been stretched 14 inches with 37x13x15 Super Swamper tires with full tread. Trail Ready Bead lock 15" rims w/2” spacers to clear brakes. Dana 60 rear axle w/ disc brakes. Dana 44 front axle with disc brakes and hand actuated lockers. Twin sticks transfer case that is freshly rebuilt. Fuel injected 350 Chevy V-8 engine. Tru-cool oversized aftermarket aluminum radiator and tranny cooler. PSC full hydraulic steering. Custom long arm lift kit (using Rubicon express Super flex joints). This Jeep has an extremely over built 6 point Roll Cage with grab bars and it is unboltable. Custom triangulated four link front. Custom 3 link rear. Custom tube frame rear. Custom stinger front tube bumper. Baja style rear bumper with receiver hitch Brand New Custom drive lines front and rear. . Trimmed fenders w/ no flares. New racing seat with 4 point harnesses for passenger and driver. Pocket bikini top. RCI aluminum 20 gallon foam fuel cell in rear. Stainless fuel lines. REP9000e Ramsey winch. Rhino lined inside completely. Warn Rock Sliders. Brand new Yellow Top Optima Deep cycle battery. High Flow Catalytic converter. MSD high pressure fuel pump. Xtreme Duty slider belly up pan AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!. Very unique and custom Jeep. This Jeep can put one front wheel 60" off the ground with the other three on! Two years of adjustments to make this one perfect. Turn key crawler! This Jeep will walk up the hardest obstacles on any trail. Needs nothing but to be driven. All professionally done.

Racing Rig? !BdE(zsg!mk~$(KGrHqMOKjkEq48!frNCBK3OfHUymQ~~_12

ebay link
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:16 pm

YJ7 might mean it has the weaker CJ7 frame. The cage is hard to see, not sure what material was used and "professionally done" doesn't mean he paid a professional to do it. rear is 4 link but front is on leaf springs. axles are not built and front axle would need replaced. transfer case is not listed, might be a Dana300. Only 4 point harness seat belts and needs to be 5 point. looks like stock seats. I don't think you are getting your moneys worth on this one. second look and i don't like the cage design. quite a few pieces of tube ending in the middle of other pieces of tube which is not good strength. i'd definitely pass on this one.
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:27 pm

So much brain power, thanks.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:23 pm

I got one for you kim

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834606

you should be able to when a few races with this.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Sweet rig but 45K.... Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:30 pm

SWEET !! I'm suddenly going to play the lottery....
Back to top Go down
MonsterS10
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MonsterS10

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:05 am

Go to R/C forum parking lot 2000 tj coilovers this has potential
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:47 am

kim have you sold the other rig yet? Maybe you should sell that one first before you start looking so you know what price range your in. Selling stuff now a days and getting any money for things suck.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:16 pm

GREAT NEWS for you Kim. Rausch is planning a race for smaller rigs. Click on the rasch link below for discussion and a leak of the information.
http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php?topic=7398.0

for those that cant reach the link
Question: I was wondering if there would ever be a small rock race for less modified rigs?

Of cousre would still need full cage/roll protection even in suv's and good seat restaints other than factory seat belts etc.

It would have to be for persons who don't mind breaking stuff and can tow or get towed home.

Or is there too much risk in letting something like this go on?

Figured I'd ask.

Answer from Rausch: it's coming, just need to sort out all the fun stuff. keep your ear's to the forum.

Bruce made the announcement at the race but hasn't really leaked it on the forum about the new......... nevermind,, I'll let him do it.

Bullfrog, there's thing's in the work's for next year. we'll have to see if it can all be sorted out on a smaller scale as well ? Like stated, read the race series rule book as it would be the same thing or something with a little tweaking for a " street " series ?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Here is the jeep mentioned above on the rausch forum:
Hate to sell but need the $$ for my new build. Located in Harveys Lake PA. 18618
2000 TJ 5spd 4.0 105 wheel base
Np231 with SYE
Poison spyder customs Tube fenders, rock Knocker, comp cut side
Grill bar and stinger
Hunsaker seats
Front cage add on
On board air
Rear suck down winch
8K front winch with syn rope.
hand throttle
Front:
Dana 60 front Arb locker 538 gears ¾ ton calipers
Psc Steering assit
14” fox coilovers remote Res.
Full traction long arms
Rear:
14 bolt Detroit 538 gears disc brakes
42" Iroks on steal beadlocks

Asking 13,500.
any question craig@senatebuilders.com or (570)328-2049
Thanks Craig

Racing Rig? New392-2
Racing Rig? DSCN1205
Racing Rig? DSCN1206
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:34 pm

this rig is sweet
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Jeep-Wrangler-Rock-Crawler-Buggy_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414a6d86f5QQitemZ280421566197QQptZRaceQ5fCarsQ5fNotQ5fStreetQ5fLegalQ5f
if only i had moneyhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Wrangler-YJ-Jeep-Wrangler-Rock-Crawler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4a9c173b0eQQitemZ320446348046QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:47 pm

thinga'ma'rig wrote:
this rig is sweet
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Jeep-Wrangler-Rock-Crawler-Buggy_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414a6d86f5QQitemZ280421566197QQptZRaceQ5fCarsQ5fNotQ5fStreetQ5fLegalQ5f
if only i had money http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Wrangler-YJ-Jeep-Wrangler-Rock-Crawler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4a9c173b0eQQitemZ320446348046QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Left a phone message for the guy with the sweet rig in Little Rock. It didn't sell and seems to have everything I need. Would still have to upgrade the axels and shocks in my jeep for the lower class runs at Rausch so I still agree it would be better to buy one already set up or least half way there. But that is interesting to have a class for jeeps not on steriods. Had a great time yesterday with the pyros. BBQ and the pumpkin stuff was really good.
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Bill I missed the yellow jeep on the Rausch site, just saw it, that has a lot of potential to. Can you tell me what you would recommend doing to it?
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Von, your sweet Little Rock rig had a minimum reserve of $40,000.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:35 pm

2000 TJ 5spd 4.0 105 wheel base
-Already has the wheelbase you want. It is a 5 speed and a 4.0 6 cyl so that isn't ideal. a motor and tranny swap is expensive.

Np231 with SYE
-chain driven transfer case made for light stock jeeps and won't last with 42" tires.

Hunsaker seats
-not familiar with them

Front cage add on
-add on means it probably has stock HREW cage instead of DOM tubing, not ideal for racing.

On board air
-nice but not needed

Rear suck down winch
-nice but not needed

8K front winch with syn rope.
-minimum needed for a heavy jeep.

hand throttle
-not needed for racing

Front:
Dana 60 front Arb locker 538 gears ¾ ton calipers
-this is the axle you want. Ask if the outer shafts were upgraded to 35 spline. Ask if stock axles or alloy and if alloy who made them.

Psc Steering assit
-hydraulic assist steering is good.

-plenty of travel in the shocks and has the ideal suspension setup.

Full traction long arms
- long arm suspension is good, this is a link suspension and is what you want.

Rear:
14 bolt Detroit 538 gears disc brakes
-the 14 bolt axle is HUGE and can be very aggrevating through rock gardens if running below 39" tires but should be fine with the 42" tires it comes with.

- same as front good good.

42" Iroks on steal beadlocks
- good tires if plenty of tread and sidewall hasn't been damaged. Steel beadlocks are HEAVY

Asking 13,500.
-Price is high for what it has. It has the suspension, wheels, tires for the job. After looking closer at this jeep it would need a full DOM cage, motor/auto transmission/transfer case upgrade to do what you want which isn't cheap. guessing about 5-6k if you find a deal on used parts PLUS the labor to put it all in there. this jeep should be selling for about 8k -9k in my opinion. Lets hope for a call from arizona and keep looking? Anyone else?

Racing Rig? New392-2
Racing Rig? DSCN1205
Racing Rig? DSCN1206[/quote]
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 am

wow, that guy is out of his mind scratch
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Jeff had the same comment about the 14 bolt axle. Maybe he would consider stripping off the winch, hand throttle, on board air, rear suck down winch...... then maybe a lower price. Will keep looking. Have a good list of what to look for now. Ebay jeep min. reserve was $40,000. Guy was nice and said he would lower it to $35,000. Way beyond my budget.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Kim Matzen wrote:
Jeff had the same comment about the 14 bolt axle. Maybe he would consider stripping off the winch, hand throttle, on board air, rear suck down winch...... then maybe a lower price. Will keep looking. Have a good list of what to look for now. Ebay jeep min. reserve was $40,000. Guy was nice and said he would lower it to $35,000. Way beyond my budget.

HOLY CRAP! he is out of his mind! its not like its a Poison spyder or blue torch buggy!
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Keep your eyes on the blue torch fab forum too.

BTF forum
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

This is a 1995 Jeep Wrangler.

Engine

-Rebuilt Chevy 350 Throttle body with a complete Painless Wiring harness
-Powermaster alternator at 140 watts
-Flow Kooler water pump
-New alternator, coil, and starter
-Headman headers
-New Flex Fan
-Advanced Adaptor radiator built for a V8
-K&N Air filter
-Advanced Adaptor motor mounts
-Lokar throttle cable and transmission dip stick

Transmission & Transfer Case

-rebuilt GM turbo 350 with a TCI reverse manual valve body
-has a trans temp sender in pan
-TCI trans cooler with electric fan
-Rebuilt GM NP 205 with 32 spline front and rear output shafts
-Off-Road Design twin sticks

Axles

-Rebuilt GM Dana 60 front
-4:56 gears with Detroit Locker
-Blue Torch Fab diff cover
-Blue Torch Fab high steer arms
-Rebuilt GM 14 bolt rear
-4:56 Gears with Detroit locker
-Blue Torch Fab pinion guard
-Blue Torch Fab diff cover also
-disc brakes on both axles

Tires and wheels

-Hummer H2 wheels with Champion Wheel bead lock and powder coated black
-39.5 Interco Iroks

Chassis, driveshaft, and Misc.

-Fully painted tub a 2008 Eclipse Sunset
-Complete chassis harness from Painless Wiring
-Add0on fuse panel with 4 constant and 3 ignition from Painless Wiring
-Custom fuel tank that uses a Stock YJ pump
-Poison Spyder tube fender
-Blue Torch Fab rocker guards and comp corners
-Speed Liner spray on bed liner
-Auto Meter gauges (Tach, MPH, trans, oil, water, volt, & fuel)
-Sony CD player with MP3 and IPOD jack input
-6x9 Sony speakers in VDP box
-Grant Steering Wheel
-Rampage Seats
-Master Craft Seat belts
-Poison Spyder Roll bar add-on kit
-Front Driveshaft- 1350 joints and 2” tube from Tom Woods
-Rear Driveshaft- 1410 joints and 3” tube from Tom Woods
-Cobra CB radio
-Front & Rear Line Locks from Summitt racing
-Blue Torch Fab battery box, front bumper, stretch kit rear bumper, stinger and winch plate
-Warn 9.5 ti winch
-HID head lights
-LED tail light and dual fitment reverse lights
-B & M shifter
-Frenched tailgate for license plate
-Rear track bar with Ballistic Fab joints
-New master cylinder with stainless steel brake lines
-louvered hood
-Wiper Boy windshield wiper kit

And lots of other little things that are too much to list I can send you more pictures it you would like but I have put not telling how many hours and sent more the $30,000 on it. Since I build houses for a living we all know how that market is doing, so the jeep has to go. Asking $20,000 obo

I have been working on the jeep for over 3 years. I went to extra lengths to make sure I would have a fun time riding and not working on it. The jeep was took all the way down to bare frame and sandblasted, then painted. Everything on the jeep is new or been rebuilt. Ever wiring connection was made with a pair of certified crimping tool. I have not road it on the trail yet because right at the end of the build money got tight and work got slow. So when I get ready for another one I will buy it not build it because you can buy this one a lot cheaper than I built it. Thanks for looking. Any question you need to know you can reach me on my cell at 706-302-1541 my name is Brian.

Racing Rig? Attachment
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:37 pm

My old buddy has to go. It is currently in the tail end of a rebuild abandoned 4 years ago.

White 1989 YJ.
1995 LT1 with 50K on it. Runs 1994 wiring and harness, factory computer, Painless harness(needs VSS to run). Be-Cool aluminum radiator, Flexlite Black Magic fan. PSC power steering pump and HD box with ram assist.

NV4500 fresh rebuild from Gear-Tech HD 12 inch center force Dual friction clutch.
205 Fresh rebuild from Gear Tech HD, twin stick.

Tom Woods 1350 shafts
Tailshaft mounted disk E Brake

Full width 60's front and rear,
-HP '79 Ford front high steer with ORD 3/8 wall tie rod and drag link. Disk.
-standard 60 rear with cadi calipers
Both have new 4.88's and detroits. Both are 35 spline all the way out.

Suspension is BTF fullwidth kit in front with 2.5 inch lift SOA. Hoops up front with rancho 9012 shocks.
Rear is SOA with BTF traction link kit.

Body is in good shape. Poison spider front tube fenders with tube flares. Rear is TJ flared. No rust. No interior. I do have 2 corbeau 5 point racing seats with harnesses that go with it. I also have a bikini top and metal bottom half doors with soft upper halfs as well as a full hard top and full hard doors in good shape. The dash is new with a full autometer gauge package. I customed mounts for all new gauges and the gauges are mostly wired, just the speedo and tach need connected to the computer and VSS.

BTF bumpers front and rear with shackle points.

Rig is rolling on Brand NEW! 42 in Iroks and Brand New Stazworks 16.5 in double lock wheels. Body is white, wheels are gun metal outer and black inner. Tires have never done more than roll around my shop.

I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting.

I am asking 10,000 OBO. If your interested please let me know here or email me at mmiller113@yahoo.com.

And no, I will not sell you just the front axle.

no pics available when posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racing Rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racing Rig?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next