Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Racing Rig?

Go down 
+8
Locked_N_Loaded
rockdw72
thinga'ma'rig
md4wheelin
Rockn93YJ
MonsterS10
makitupthehardway
Kim Matzen
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Racing Rig? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:27 pm

From ebay motors item #290368613955. I'm putting the link in like Matt said but I don't know if this will work. there is so much stuff on this jeep, I don't know what half of it means.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290368613955&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_nkw%3D290368613955%26_sacat%3D66466%26_trksid%3Dp4506.m270.l1313%26_odkw%3D%26_osacat%3D66466%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

It has the 9 rear but 44 front, coil springs, 302 holley 4 barrel intake, 1 3/4 tube cage work, automatic, 100 wheel base tires are 44. 12 gal fuel cell, 5 point belts and a bunch of other stuff. Will look at the other two posts and check against my list of "must haves". Thanks so much for the help, really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm getting yelled at for not getting my work done.... crud. I'll check out the other 2 posted jeep tonight, they look interesting, lots of new.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Work now, play later. It sucks the hear but always pays off in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:35 pm

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=837589 - 21K with trailer...ditch the trailer...hell of a rig.

Racing Rig? - Page 2 TaylorandBuggy
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Holy crap! that looks good. here is the printout
Experienced Rock Buggy For Sale:

Buggy has been wheeling hard in Az and most of the Southwest. Goes to the Sand Dunes on a regular basis as well. $21,000.00 which includes the following and I am sure more that I have forgotten! It’s a good rig, not the cleanest and needs a little tlc but is ready to wheel now! Not going to take trades or low ballers! Email me at b_brummett@msn.com or call me at 480.540.6382.

Wheel Base: 112” Outside of tire 82”
Tub width inside is 43”
Tip to tip
Weight without water in tires 3725 and is split 60/40 with or without driver
Engine: Chevy 350 1994 LT1 Firehawk with Hot Cam and Rockers and Chromo Crank.
Has Nitrous Works Kit set at 175 but have all the jets to adjust down if needed.
Have spare Steering pump and spare Optispark
Tranny: Recently built Th400 with shift kit
Transfer Case: 3.8 Atlas with 1350 Companion Flange with spare 1350 non cv yoke.
Front Axle: Dana 60 1979 F250 Snowfighter Kinpin, 5.38 gears ARB locker, Superior
35 spline Chromo Axles with CTM ujoints. 1350 yoke.
Rear Axle: Dana 60 1994 E350 Van with Yukon 35 spline shafts, 5.38 gears, ARB
Locker 1410 yoke.
Brakes: Manual Brakes with discs at all four corners
Driveshafts: Front long spline heavy duty with spare, rear High Angle 1350 CV shaft
With 1350 High Angle spare rear shaft.
Suspension Front: Three link V bar on bottom, no pan hard rod, with upper alum links and Heim Joints. 16” 2.5 King Coilovers with Res.
Suspension Rear: four link with Alum upper and lowers with Heim Joints. 16” 2.5 King Coilovers with sway bar.
Steering: Full hydro with Howe Res and Alum Tie Rod.
Fuel: 20 gall alum tank with dual fuel pumps
Warn HS9500 winch.
More Spare Stuff: Spare Alternator, powers steering pump, steering ram, spare yokes, LT1 block, and more.

Tires and Wheels: What’s left of 39” red Krawlers mounted on Champion Bead locked rims with Dual Bead locks on rear. One spare bead lock rim and one non bead lock rim with 39” krawlers mounted.

For the Sand Dunes: 33” x 20” Sand tire unlimited mounted on Steel 18” rims, 33” STS swampers for front mounted on 12” steel rims, plus open pipes for exhaust (replaces mufflers).

18’ deck trailer with tool box. Home built very durable!! Both axles have brakes.

$21,000.00 gets the Trailer and Buggy!!
Contact Barry at 480.540.6382 or email me at b_brummett@msn.com

Racing Rig? - Page 2 Moneyshot
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:38 pm

It's long!!!!! Is it an automatic? I can't tell. 39" tires could go up to 41? this has all the goodies I have on the list, atlas transfer, Dana 60's, Chevy 350, 35 spline, coilovers, 20 gal tank (no stopping?) Disk brakes, warn 9500.... What does it not have? I need to ask about the cage, seats, belts? It looks really skinny, I don't want Matt in my lap.
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Jay's Rubicon is 54 inches across. 43 seems tight?
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Yah Bill...I thought it was one of the best I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:42 pm

Kim Matzen wrote:
It's long!!!!! Is it an automatic? I can't tell. 39" tires could go up to 41? this has all the goodies I have on the list, atlas transfer, Dana 60's, Chevy 350, 35 spline, coilovers, 20 gal tank (no stopping?) Disk brakes, warn 9500.... What does it not have? I need to ask about the cage, seats, belts? It looks really skinny, I don't want Matt in my lap.

it is automatic 39 inch tires are good, can go bigger easy. this has everything you need! just safety details but it is minor stuff. this is your rig!
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 pm

I guess I have to have it cause it really does have everything. Can sell the trailer since I already have one. I'll call the guy and see where it's located. I just made Jay sit with me on a 43 inch piece of cardboard, It's tight. Can you move the frame out side to side?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Kim Matzen wrote:
I guess I have to have it cause it really does have everything. Can sell the trailer since I already have one. I'll call the guy and see where it's located. I just made Jay sit with me on a 43 inch piece of cardboard, It's tight. Can you move the frame out side to side?

not real easy to spread the seats apart. as long as you can get 2 seats in there then there should be room for you and Matt, not like you take up the whole seat or anything. crawl ratio is good and for the top speed go to high transfer. top speed will be 102 mph or so. it has very good power for the weight of the vehicle so won't be slow.
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 pm

wish he would call back....
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:22 pm

All this talk bout Racing, what racing background do you have and how long have you been wheeling. You are gona spend this all this money. Just remember YOU CANT BUY EXPERIENCE
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:53 pm

jealos-z wrote:
All this talk bout Racing, what racing background do you have and how long have you been wheeling. You are gona spend this all this money. Just remember YOU CANT BUY EXPERIENCE

true butt without the proper vehicle she'd be broke down every trip using the wrong equipment for the job. If you're gonna do it then do it right.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:18 am

higjdhgkjgh confusious say: I THINK BILL MIGHT BE RIGHT pig...if you can afford it without borrowing money.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:34 am

Guess I just dont see the big pic But I have never seen her on the trail ????? Rig is very important BUT YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT...........
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:10 am

jealos-z wrote:
Guess I just dont see the big pic But I have never seen her on the trail ????? Rig is very important BUT YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT...........

I see your point. can't just buy a rig built for racing and expect to be a good racer and to do well. She has it in her blood to race and on the trail this is quite evident. she is very throttle happy. She is willing to learn and understands that you can't just but the rig and call yourself a racer. she wants a 2 seater so she can have help along the way and learn from experience. options are to build her tj to handle the abuse or have one built for her/buy someone elses rig that is already built for the job. without the proper equipment she would be setting herself up for failure. With the right equipment she can learn how to drive the rig and gain experience as she goes. you can learn all you want about how to race in a stock jeep but once you go to a buggy set up for the job it is a different world and you have to start learning all over again due to teh different handling characteristics. I'm in the same boat. I've never raced, i know how to wheel but that doesn't make me a good racer. that would only come with experience. I just want to get out there and go fast and be in teh competition and experience the thrill of the race. Don't reallly care about winning or even placing, I just wanna race. king
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilbertpt
what exactly do you mean by "needs tlc"? coming from Maryland I wouldn't want any suprises.

Response: I hear ya, TLC, well it needs it once in a while. This is an experienced rig IE it has been on the trail. The skins are scarred, some tubing is bent, tires are barely tires, and some other stuff. With that said I wheeled 16 trails in two days parked it and it is ready to go without being touched..maybe some air in one of the tires.

Dont want and will not suprise anyone, will send video to anyone serious showing all the points that may need attention. Fact is, this is not a blingy buggy but it is ready to wheel and works pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Can't gain experience without a descent rig to practice with. I spoke to Barry (owns the rig) this afternoon about the size of the cab. He said it was tight and the seats are the kind that Matt has. They go up on the side of your hips. He said you hit elbows when putting seat belts on. Was very frank and said it would be tight for 2 big guys. While I am not big I am thinking that is to tight. I would prefer more of the type of seat Bill or Nick has.... I don't know, he is in Phoenix Arizona. So to make the cab wider would be a crap load of money? It has a few bugs... he was gonna email the list. would take $1000 off since I don't need the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:50 pm

You're worrying way too much about the width of the rig. Matt doesn't smell that bad, come on now. It's a race ready rig, don't sweat it. You and Matt are both small. You can have my seats if you want the, I'll trade LOL. Mine are stock tj sahara seats, they're SHIT and i can promise you wouldn't be racing with them haha. This is a serious rig here, I'm not sure how much better you'll find for the money.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:42 pm

there is another local rig you may want to look at. It was a crawler but can be made to go faster fairly easy.
Racing Rig? - Page 2 Aj10

I spent over $10k in prep for 2009 season.
My Attention deficit disorder is your gain.

All New tube, from the door bar up, New tube from the Seat back, New tube to make it wider to fit the PRP instead of the Kirkey.
All new shock hoops and mounts to fit the wider ORI's instead of Nitrogen shocks.
All the recent work was done by Mike and Crew at Appalachian Offroad

2003 4.3 EFI Chevy
TH350 trans with Man valve body

Lovell 3.57 air shift T-case
OR, If you wanted to go faster, I have a possible Atlas t-case available instead of the Lovell.
I could swap out for you including shifters

16" ORI's on all 4 corners - New this season

front is a HP 60 by Solid/Rockcrusher and is 62" wms to wms
rear is a HP 60 by Solid/Rockcrusher and is 62" wms to wms
Both axle assemblies are These --- > http://solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/...8&idproduct=79

Both front and rear have 35 spline yukon alloy axle shafts machined by branik for 45* steering - 1 set New this season
Front and rear axles shafts interchange.
CTM axle joints front and rear - one pair New this season
ARB's front and rear
Custom Truss/Link brackets front and rear.
45 degree steering front and rear
10" steering cylinders

three link front with panhard
dual triangulated four link rear

New PSC pump and spare.
full set of tom woods driveshafts - New this season
full set of spare driveshafts

Werock and KOH legal Window nets by MasterCraft - New this season
9000 Warn comp winch on the front
4000 Warn on rear
PRP Racing Seat - New this season
4 gallon fuel cell
Alum Radiator
trans cooler
derale ultimate steering cooler - New this season
(5) 17x9 Allied Monster Comp beadlocks
(5) 40" Maxxis Trepadors - New this season

Right now, I'm in the process of a rewire of the whole dash, because we needed to work on it in Dayton,
and found it impossible to get to without pulling everything out. so we are redoing that to make it easy to get to, and work on.
Dash wiring will be in tip top shape b4 you pick it up.

This buggy is setup, so that almost anyone can drive it.
my spotter is 5'8 or so, and I am 6'4
and we can both reach everything and are comfortable driving it.

Asking $34,000.00 obo ... Now $23,900 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delivery included anywhere in the lower 48 for the current asking price.
$22,900 If you want to pick it up.

Or
Trades...
I would be interested in a Side by Side as partial trade,
or a nice 4x4 Quad as partial trade.
or an enclosed trailer as partial trade.
Located in Westminster MD. 21157

This buggy has done very well for me. Including a 2nd Place at WEROCK at Rausch Creek 2009.
Racing Rig? - Page 2 4828_1110229633814_1169057046_30299026_6133260_n
Racing Rig? - Page 2 5360_1198148307815_1051712330_656389_565486_n

Thanks for looking
- A.J.

you can call or email me with any questions or offers
410-259-3577
Rocktimberwolf@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:59 pm

it is only a 1 seat buggy, so no pass. with this one
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:15 pm

came in 3rd place at the last race. And about the same price as the other vehicle. this one is already prepared to race, just get in and drive.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:01 pm

The biggest problem is the t-case. Its only single speed so its not fast. he didn't race this car in the last race. he raced the t-donk at line mtn and the sept race. He did race it at RCQ and complained about how high he had to keep the RPMs
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Kim Matzen
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:17 pm

need 2 seats. but thanks for finding it. Spoke with Jeff at Adrenaline and he may sell his jeep. Sending me the specs tomorrow. Has the 60 in the front and back, Atlas, 100" base, 39 tires with bead locks but I think the same engine as mine. Will know tomorrow. Have someone interested in the Rubicon. mbn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing Rig?   Racing Rig? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racing Rig?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next