Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
06rubicon
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
06rubicon

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24 Empty
PostSubject: Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24   Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:08 am

Sorry for the short notice on the run. Brian and I hadn't been out in a while and this weekend worked for us to we headed out. The run consisted of just Brian (blue LJ) and I.

We arrived at the park around 9:30, checked in, aired down and were on the trails by 10. The weather was nice, in the upper 40's, with a misty rain. The park was not busy with only 6/7 tow rigs in the stageing area. Knowing there weren't a lot of people around, wet ground and no winch in the group we origanlly decided to take it easy but that didn't last long.

We started off up L3 to U3 to get the brain working and made it through with no problems. From there we took K to F and noticed the new Hills section and decided to give it a try. We both made it over the 1st big hill with no trouble but the 2nd hill stopped me. I tried 4 or 5 times but the ground was so soft I kept coming up a few feet short of cresting it. After giving up we headed back over the 1st hill and out B. From B we ran 1 to 1a and of course had to do the rock garden on 1a 9. I then realised Brian had never seen Rock Creek so we made our way over to the West via the pole line, Tower Rd. to J. From J we hit the 12c loop and over to 12b. 1/2 way through 12b a slashed a sidewall real good but was able to make it out to J where we stopped for lunch and swapped the tire. After lunch we took J to 11 to 13a. I hadn't been on 13a in a while and it was really washed out along the creek line. It did cause some off camber situations but we made it through with no carnage. We stopped at the pass at Rock Creek where I tried to talk Brian into Rockin' the Creek but he didn't fall for it Twisted Evil. It was now 2:30 so we started our way back to the East via 13a, 10b to H. Once back on the East we ran 2, did the hill climb and avoided the Frog Hole out to B. We made great time through 2 and were still looking for a challange so we made our way to trail 8. It took us a while to get through 8 but with some good spotting from our right seats we made it out in one piece. We were still amped up after 8 so we made our way to 4 and did Yellow Jacket. It was now close to 4:30 so we made our way toward the stageing area by taking C, F and K to U3 and out behind checkin on L3.

All in all we had a great day. Covering a ton of ground and the only carnage being a tire, which I'll live with any day. Now, if I can just lose one more tire I just might justify a set of 35's to the wife Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24   Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:38 am

Nice story. Sorry I couldnt make it sounds like it was a fun trip. Hopefully next time. 9
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24   Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 7:31 am

Sounds like you covered a lot of ground on Saturday.

Do you have any pics of the tear in the sidewall of the tire?
Back to top Go down
06rubicon
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
06rubicon

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24   Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:37 am

connordanny wrote:
Sounds like you covered a lot of ground on Saturday.

Do you have any pics of the tear in the sidewall of the tire?

No pics...I forgot my camera.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24   Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 12:15 am

Just got to read the story, very nice, good coverage and smart selections. Sorry to hear about the tire, but like you said, if that is all, you did very well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24   Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last minute Rausch Creek run 3/24
Page 1 of 1