Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Rausch Creek 4/20

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Rausch Creek 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: Rausch Creek 4/20   Rausch Creek 4/20 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:43 pm

Rausch Creek 4/20 Trip_010

What a great day. Finally got to put the XJ through its abilities. Todays trip was probably the least amount of mileage put on during a wheeling day but turned out to be one of the best days on the trail I have had.

My buddy Todd and I met up with Chris Lloyd and his buddy Joe and we headed out to Rausch. The day looked like we were going to be wet all day but by the time we got the rigs unloaded and to the comp course the day was looking up. Chris and Joe practiced for a few hours and gave us a few scares but got some good seat time in. We watched Oz put his Jeep through Hell and then we hit the trails.

We played on a few rock gardens off of trail O and finally put the XJ to the test to see if it can handle the bigger stuff. I was very happy with its performance.

Chris and I have been talking to the other Chris with the monster S10 and had planned to take both Jeeps to him for my exo and Chris's full cage. After seeing what the XJ could do I was very excited to get the exo done.

We had lunch and set off to Tomb Stone to play around before loading up and heading North.

We arrived at Tomb Stone and Chris asked if I wanted to go first. I said fine and after getting lined up I gave it a try. I ended up walking right up the first ledge and then got alittle to the right. They backed me up a few times and said give it a bump. I bumped it once or twice and still ended up to the right with my passenger tire wedging into one of the last rocks before getting a good run at it. I backed up hit it and it stood the jeep up alittle too much for their liking so they had me back up again. I then bumped it one last time and thought I was making it and ended up hitting the skinny pedal alittle too hard. It didnt feel to bad to me inside but I started to smell the rubber burning and see Chris yelling hold up. I went to back off the line and then thought a shot gun went off inside the jeep. They didnt really hear it and thought everything was fine but I knew something was up so I backed off and parked it.

Chris then lined the Greatful Red up and after a few tries we moved him to the right alittle and he walked it up pretty nice.

We jumped in jeeps and after about 5 feet I knew it was done. I had blown something in the rear. So we decided to pull the rear drive shaft.
As soon as I got the tool bag out the down pour started. Keep in mind we had no rain the entire day. Joe, like a trooper, jumped right under my jeep with me and helped me pull the shaft. Thanks buddy..

We got the jeep back to the trailer and headed home.

Even though I tore the rear up it was still one of the best days I have had wheeling. Thanks Guys...

Now the full spool and new carrier go in so I have no more wink links. I knew the welded carrier wouldnt hold for ever.

Here is a link to the rest of the pics.. sorry about the first two truck pics. Didnt realize they were there until afterwards..

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/xa8iA9xK
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Rausch Creek 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/20   Rausch Creek 4/20 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:59 am

Very nice slide presentation. But where is everyone else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

Rausch Creek 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: re   Rausch Creek 4/20 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:33 am

Chris should have quite a few pics to post but it was just Chris and I running...I didnt have my camera out at the comp course but we had Chris's and there should be some video of a extremely difficult entrance to one of the courses.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Rausch Creek 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/20   Rausch Creek 4/20 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:59 pm

I think I passed you coming and going on Sunday. Right at 23 and 165 in the morning in my Jeep and coming back.
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Rausch Creek 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/20   Rausch Creek 4/20 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 4:00 pm

I thought that was you we saw in the morning.

Here is the link to my pics.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=zyf2y3z.3h3qone3&Uy=-lv0acd&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=847421952100_638335010603&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rausch Creek 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rausch Creek 4/20   Rausch Creek 4/20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rausch Creek 4/20
Page 1 of 1