Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

There's unlucky, accident prone and then...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

There's unlucky, accident prone and then... Empty
PostSubject: There's unlucky, accident prone and then...   There's unlucky, accident prone and then... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:54 pm

JUST PLAIN FUCKING STUPID!! I'm no longer going to write my shit off as having bad luck but from now on I'm just stupid.

So it all started last thursday. I got the led zepplin blu ray and was jamming my ass off after having "a few" beers. I noticed the sub wasn't working so I decided to dig in and found that it was accidentally plugged in the wrong place...no biggie fixed it. Now i could really jam and thump the house and piss off nicki and the neighbors. You gotta understand...get good and drunk and the music just can't possibly get loud enough. After watching this from beginning to end and going back for a couple solos it was pass out time.

The next night I went to turn on the TV and NOTHING. FUCK FUCK FUCK. My components are all in the closet and the tv is above the fireplace. It is connected via a 50 ft hdmi cable to the receiver. Right away my mind goes to that 50 footer and I moved the wire to a few different hdmi outputs and switched the settings around and figured out the cable was shot. SOOOO this was last friday. I ordered the new 50 footer which I just got today (no tv till today). Ran the new 50 footer, not too bad just a few rounds of bitching, get it up into the closet and I'm like WOW. Something clicks in my head the hdmi cable i pulled out of the back of the tv had a red end and i'll be god damned that the broken cable in the closet had a black end. At that point the partially operational dim light bulb in my thick skull lit up and I just sat there and laughed. Yup, I broke the 6t footer to the cable box NOT the 50 footer. I still can't believe it and it just goes to show that I screwed myself automatically assuming the worse and skipped going to the easy solution. It happened for a reason because at some point I will need that 2nd damn hdmi cable to the tv! Or now I truly have backup if I do break it! I was all relieved I didn't patch the wall and stuff yet too haha.

In Pirate fashion here are the cliff notes...

Got drunk watched zep blu ray, tv broken next day, assumed 50 ft hdmi broke, no tv for 5 days, ran new 50 footer, 6 foot hdmi broken There's unlucky, accident prone and then... 98610

And you guys expect me to put lug nuts on right jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: There's unlucky, accident prone and then...   There's unlucky, accident prone and then... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am

on that note, if you ever need to buy cables again, www.monoprice.com has really good cables dirt cheap
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: There's unlucky, accident prone and then...   There's unlucky, accident prone and then... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:35 am

I actually only paid a little less than $40 on amazon for 50 ft. Although that site is sweet thanks. Great selection and great prices. I didn't know you could get the ferrite cores individually either so that's a score! Lots of good stuff!
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: There's unlucky, accident prone and then...   There's unlucky, accident prone and then... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:15 pm

You are the man you do things like this and then you tell everyone what you did.

9 BEER IS GOOD
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: There's unlucky, accident prone and then...   There's unlucky, accident prone and then... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:44 pm

I give you credit for confessn to yur fuk ups jocolor
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: There's unlucky, accident prone and then...   There's unlucky, accident prone and then... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Yah I have no shame jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's unlucky, accident prone and then...   There's unlucky, accident prone and then... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There's unlucky, accident prone and then...
Page 1 of 1