Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

lost my excursion key

Go down 
+3
SPP YJ
jealos-z
Rockn93YJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

lost my excursion key Empty
PostSubject: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:37 pm

not sure what to do now. Time to go on a massive hunt and retrace my steps through the deep snow. Probably gonna have to have the truck towed to the ford dealer to get a new key made.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 pm

That sux lol! maybe you should king then study
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:25 pm

then i'd need a new tow rig.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 pm

bill do you happen to have the little bar code numbered tag that came on your keys from the factory if you do they can make a new key from that at ford
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:28 am

My brother is a lock smith and he said take the vin # to the dealer. If the locks haven't been change then they should be able to look it up. Take the reg. or title too so they know you own the truck. If they can't get it with that call a lock smith to come out. As long as you have it done during the day during the week it will be a lot cheaper then the tow and shop time cause dealer most of the time will pull the cyl then out sorce it to a lock smith to make the key and charge you what the lock smith charges plus their cut. But like chuck said the key code will help too.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:35 am

the only code tag i have is the one for the door keypad. has the entry code but thats all i've got. I've got a couple more places to check.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:49 am

did you ever find it?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:24 pm

nope, not yet. waiting for the snow to melt and then take a look around again.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:16 pm

searched EVERYWHERE. did another detailed search of the house and vehicles. went to jcpenny parking lot, mall stores to retrace steps, bought elva some boots and some clothes for the after christmas sale. picked up some jeans. searched the outlets and no keys anywhere. Excursion is being towed to the dealer today for a new set. sucks.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:46 pm

how long is that going to take.

Make sure you get a spare made. lol!
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:05 pm

update. new keys and towing is $240 (as per phone conversation) which i find hard to believe. i think it will be higher when i get there. they also said my battery was dead (was just replaced about 2 months ago) and likely because the alternator is only putting out 12.7v. said new alt is $350 or so. I said i'd do it myself.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:55 pm

The deal with always try to fuck you. I would try like hell to hold them to the 240 for towing and keys.
Back to top Go down
MonsterS10
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MonsterS10

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Alternator is 140 my cost 350 sounds a little high but so does 240 for the keys
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:08 am

total was about $240 for 2 keys including the towing but had to pay another $69 for a remote. called a good locksmith in the area and they said the key production would require special equipment that they didn't have and the dealer would be the best way to go. It is done now. Dealer said my battery was dead, it is only 2 months old. they tested the alternator and said it was only puttting out 12.7v which "isn't enough to recharge with all the accessories". only thing i added was a cb which hasn't been used. truck sat for 10 days but that shouldn't kill the battery so now i'm wondering if there isn't a drain or short somewhere killing the battery.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:44 am

ok so alternator is bad. driving home from Rausch yesterday evening and got about 15 miles when the gps went off, the phone charger beeped, teh abs light came on, radio went off, lights went dim and truck started running like crap. I turned off the heat and unplugged everything and turned the lights off and suddenly the truck came back to life again. Had to drive the rest of the way home with nothing on, no heat, and only using the parking lights so i could keep the truck running. stopped and bought an alternator on the way home. I was SOOOO COLD.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:05 pm

yeah I bet.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:15 pm

That had to make for a long ride home hope you get everything taken care of.

The excursion has not been good to you lately. saw2
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:28 pm

alternator was an easy fix. put it on the battery charger and all should be good by morning. still can't seem to shake the cold from my bones yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lost my excursion key   lost my excursion key Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lost my excursion key
Page 1 of 1