Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Empty
PostSubject: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 8:36 pm

Sorry, I ave limitied batteyr power. Left my power cord at work. I will post te story tomorrow. Also video tomorrow of Kat.Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Here is an inside view of Kathy's second run up winch hill.https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v619/connordanny/Mud%20videos/?action=view&current=RCJan212007002.flv

This is pre-flight. All 4 came up soon after this shotwas taken.
SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY RCJan212007001

Rich - If you like beef Jerky you should have come down to my sister's house! I don't know what dinner was supposed to be, but it sure looked and tasted like green beans and beef jerky.... Good call on the Gooseberry.

Thanks for another good day on the trails.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Here is the link for my pics from Sunday:
https://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/UPNOVERYJ/Rausch%20Creek%201-21-07/
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:08 am

Danny,
I love beef jerky but i beleive i will stick to the beef jerky in the bags:P . Glad you ate at the Gooseberry also:) . So the food from the bucket of fun would have been better. EH!!!!lol!
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 3:28 am

Day 2:
7:30 am. Andrea and I pull into the Gooseberry parkinglot. To see Dannys and Kats rig sitting there. Where is Von? Once walking into the resturant we see Kat and Danny. Kat tells me Von won't be able to make it.:cry: He has to stay close to home because of weather conditions.

After some warm beverages we head off to RC. Upon arrival there were quite a few rigs there. We signed in with Lynn and went to the upper staging area. We air down and Kat unloaded her rig. Kat and Danny had decides that i had more knowledge of the park and that I should lead the group out.

Well it was supposed to be a light day of no wrenching or anything to difficult. We started out by goin up U3 to the right of the park office. We all made up with no issue. Sept it seemed Kats passenger door didnt what to stayed closed (guess it was just to warm). We reached the top and started off along the ridge to come down along 6. Should be easy? Ya, right. Some whare from the staging to this point my front locker decided it was tired and wanted to rest. Well with this happening and my front end square on a rock in front of me and the back of my rig completely off the ground. Lets just say i was goin no where. Out came the hi lifts and some rock stacking. That worked and we weremoving again. I also was having clutch issues. Seemed air pockets like to form in my clutch lines. So we needed to bleed it quick. We were so close to the park office we decided it would be better to go back and work on my locker there.

With the help of Kats and Dannys tools. The cover was off and we were inspecting the damage. Seems the springs that operate the locker decided that they needed a new home and it wasnt in the locker where they belong. I was fishing in the remaining gear oil in the dif looking for a spring whaen Danny asked what i was doin. I told him. He said maybe it came out in the gear oil. I nodded yes and before i knew it Danny was wrist deep looking for a spring in what was called " The bucket of fun"Twisted Evil . Long story short i found enough peices to put it back together though not 100% but useable. We cleaned everything up and repacked up the rigs. Let me tell you i wish i had a picture for the repack jod Danny did to the gear lube contianers. Lets just say spiderman would be proud. No way any gear was going to leak out of there.

We headed back out along L3 and headed to the hill climbs across from 1. Danny had to conguer this things since the last time he used the winch. Up and over all of us went with no problems. Semms they are alot easier when they are dry and not mud covered. We then went across to winch hill via the added route that winds up and down some hills. Me and Kat were across and she was telling of her need to conguer "Winch hill". Wait arent we missing somebody?:roll: Oh ya Danny, Well it seems Danny took the hi line around the one obastacle and was a little concerned he was going to flop:shock: . So me and Kat walked back to help him out.

Kat decided this was the day she would do it. Her words " Just stay on throttle and see what happens"Twisted Evil I like when those words come out it means possible karnage :lol: . Well Andrea and Danny took up spots to take pics and vid from. Kat lined herself up with the hill and gave it hell. You could here shifting through the gears to get the right speed. up and over she went. All four tires were of the ground at one point. The smile on her face was priceless:D . Well decided to do it again and Danny decided to ride this time. Again we setup for vid and photos. All lined up and ready to go they started for the hill. Oops Kat grab 5th gear instead 3rd. So the coasted up the hill and back down to start again. Alright here they come just as much speed as last time. Wait they launch it looks like they make it. Then all of a sudden they stop. scratch Hmmm waht happened? Well it seems that the driveshaft wasnt happy with winch hill. Upon farther inspection of the rig neither were the shocks as both broke off the axle at the welds:twisted: Karnage and again we were wrenching. We ended up getting the driveshaft back on but that took some egineering since we didnt seem to have the right peices.

Once all repairs were done we decided to take Kats rig back to the trailer and load it up. We thought about goin back out since it was only 2pm. But with my locker acting up yet and it being cold we decided to call it a day and go to the Goose for some grub:) All in all it was a good day and fun was had by all.

Also working on the video from that day. Sorry not ready to post yet.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:35 am

Minor carnage as far as I'm concerned. Those shock mounts needed relocated anyway because they kept catching on things & bending. This is the first time since I've gotten the Jeep that I have broken something on the trails that was a result of what I was doing. With some of the stuff I've done, I'm surprised it didn't happen way before now - I was due. Twisted Evil I didn't have to be pulled out so it's all good! Cool
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 11:27 pm

sorry i could not make it, i did get called in to salt snow, wownd up working 18 hours on this storm. looks like i missed a good day again ALSO KATHY, ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT GETTING PULLED OUT,ITS NOT THAT BAD
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 11:53 pm

kathy, in your pictures of danny coming over the hill, did you make him stop for every one so your camera can develope the pics Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 12:37 am

vonbierman wrote:
ALSO KATHY, ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT GETTING PULLED OUT,ITS NOT THAT BAD

You would know! Razz Actually, all I was trying to say was that the damage wasn't so bad that I couldn't get myself out. I think you and I are even with pulling each other out. I pulled you a longer distance but you had to pull me more often (because of that starter problem & that ditch you put me into at the farm). But...WHEN you break again, I'll be happy to pull you out again. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY   SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SECOND JANUARY RUN - SUNDAY
Page 1 of 1