Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07

Go down 
+7
Allium
MYYJROX
SLeach
Rockn93YJ
Chris Taylor
MaxRox
connordanny
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Empty
PostSubject: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 3:14 am

Story to come later,
Here are my Pics!
https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v619/connordanny/Rausch%20Creek%205-12-07/

Last edited by on Sun May 13, 2007 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 7:41 am

Pics... scratch And I so wanted to see what I missed.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 8:39 am

Danny Thanks for the loan on the breaker bar and socket. I gave them to jimmy hoping he would catch you at the Goose. If he did not I will get them from him and get it to you ASAP.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 11:07 am

Chris,
I did see those guys at the goose and I got the socket and bar from Tim. Thanks.

Sorry Bobbi.....I was in the middle of posting the pics and must have had another systematic shutdown king
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 11:29 am

By the way people the first few pictures are actually on the coal pile. The have clearcut a very larger area.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 11:48 am

connordanny wrote:
Sorry Bobbi.....I was in the middle of posting the pics and must have had another systematic shutdown king

lol! I almost mentioned that, but then reconsidered... king
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 12:06 pm

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2092232684
Just a few pictures before my battery died.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Others will have to fill in because I know the story will not be complete with all details. We split into 2 groups due to the good turnout. there were 6 going "easy" trails and 6 doing the harder stuff. I led the harder group with Greg, Kat, Danny, Joe and Brad(first timer to Rausch). we headed up the small hill climb behind the office and Kat who was second in line had a breakage at the top. The little tab on the rear differential yoke that keeps the U joint centered broke causing her to loose the caps and then the driveshaft separated. I had a spare ubolt for a 9" that was close enough to fit, the office had a nut for it since we were short one and Joe used the office welder to tack a new tab on the yoke. Kat, Joe and Danny had it together in no time and met back up with the group at trail 5.

We were going to do trail 2 with frog hole but there was a less capable group only a few hundred yards in already having difficulty so we backed out. We went into trail 5 Black and had fun going through those bowls and then took shortcut to 4 to hit the other bowls and quench our mud thirst. Next we headed for the south property but got a call from Crazy Jimmy. They had a breakage on Crawler Ridge and were having difficulty with repairs. We headed over and found the jeep broke off a strap retaining bolt in the front yoke. they were drilling it out and we had nothing that would help. we had lunch there and then a few of us challenged the ridge in redemption. after a strap and retry all was well. Greg was going to try the hard line down the middle of the ridge but after placing a tire on each side and realizing there was no room opted out. We like the pose so we all parked around him and made it into a photo session.

Next after eating lunch on crawler ridge we split up again and headed to the south property. We first went to camelback since most of us hadn't done the trail before. After walking the trail we decided to give it a try. Joe was having overheating issues and decided not to go in. I went through first and found the trail very enjoyable. really just 2 challenging spots and the rest was simply up and down and a lot of fun. we all made it through without too much trouble. I made the last turn and slide too far to the right , had to step on it to keep it upright and leaned it against the passenger roll cage, took out my passenger mirror and bent the windshield frame. I drove it out and then carried my mirror around to make sure noone else made the same mistake.

Next was Snake Bite which was moslty a blue rocky trail that didn't provide much challenge to us running bigger than 33" tires. then into the black section where there were a few prominent rocks that hung us up a few minutes but everyone made it through. Then we decided to head over to Lake Cristy.

Lake Cristy has changed some. we took the entrance to the south end of the lake. there is a trail to drop in on the immediate left which I did not take. I remember Von trying to come up the trail which is quite steep at the top and he required a winch. There is quite a drop off there and I didn't want to take the risk. so I took the second left which was the easy side to take if you just want to drive down to the lake. I turned left and realized that it had washed out some so I placed the tires accordingly to straddle the washout. I edged forward and then heard a LOUD SCREAM! It was Kat, she took the first left that I decided against and when she dropped in brought the rear tires off the ground and though she was going over. About 5 seconds after her scream my front end dropped into the washout and threw my jeep up onto its nose. Aaron screamed at the top of his lungs. The front drivers side of the bumper hit the ground and dug in causing us to spin a little and with a little gas the rear dropped to the right some. While still positioned quite precariously on the front end Aaron asked "can I get out now" and without hesitation I said Yes. He bailed and then I edged the front wheels forward very slowly to straighen the vehicle and then drove down the hill. I took a few moments near the lake to gather my composure and give myself time to stop shaking and then got out to check out the hill. That was the first time I ever KNEW the jeep was going over. Somehow the jeep gods did a favor for me. After we assessed the hills we just came down everyone else opted for the other entrance(the one that Nester got sideways on in the snow during his descent). We played around on some of the hill climbs and let the dogs run around and then decided to head out.

We had no more incidents on the way out to the coal pile. We stopped there for some more pictures. In one of Dannys pictures you will see the very poor timing of Brad's son. We all went back to photograph the jeeps after posing them in front of the coal pile and started taking pictures only to realize he was ... relieving his water next to his dads jeep. oh well. we had no more incidents on the way out.

We hadn't heard from Crazy Jimmy's group, couldn't raise them on the CB and our cell numbers were outdated so we waited for them. eventually Greg was able to obtain a working number and we found that they were doing well but just moving slow. We left to go eat at the gooseberry and waited there for Crazy Jimmy to show up. Timmy's Grand Wagoneer was trashed when he pulled up, covered in mud from the 5 foot mud pit, large tree shaped dent in the drivers side door, front axle positioned toward the rear about 5 inches, front springs folded in the rear of them and the shackles foulded under the frame, u joints trashed. They decided to leave it there and pick it up with the trailer on sunday. The trip was very enjoyable for us, we were in good company and overall had a great weekend for the trip. PLease add to the story if I missed something and thanks for the great wheeling trip everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 12:49 pm

By the way while waiting for Crazy Jimmy I spoke to a guy that was having his lightly modified TJ towed away on a flatbed. He said he went into frog hole and was grinding it forward and back and forward and back and then it just quit working. Turns out he was pressing the clutch quite a bit while in the frog hole and sucked all kinds of crud up into the clutch pack causing it to fail. He had to have it towed back up to philidelphia. lesson: don't press the clutch in the muddy goop
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 8:07 pm

Tim and Jim are supposed to write the story for the easy group, but i thought that i would add that a stock jeep sounds bad a** with the muffler and cat off the downpipe. lol
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 9:49 pm

It was a great trip except for breaking in the first 5 minutes. Thanx again Welder Joe for getting me back on the trail so fast - you rock! 9 It was odd seeing what some of the trails looked like without a foot of snow on them. Much easier to navigate without the white stuff. Camelback was alot of fun. I was a little nervous to do the last hill after Bill returned with sideview mirror in hand & Greg telling me "if you start to slide....hit the gas or you're going to roll over". But...my spotter guided me through it with no damage & no sliding.

I don't think my wheels left the ground on the trail down to Lake Christy but it definitely felt like it was heading that way & I didn't much care for it. affraid I should have known better than to go down a trail that Bill decided to pass by. Turns out I picked the better of the two routes since his rear wheels did come off the ground & he was standing on end. He could have gone "ass over teakettle" or back down & luckily he went back down. Scarey stuff. As least we showed everybody else "where not to go". If you drive through the edge of the lake on the right side & over a hill there is a nice little mud puddle that some of us played around in for a while (had to get my mud fix you know).

It was nice to meet some of the new people & talk with Crazy Jimmy & Tim again. And, as always, had a blast with the rest of you guys. I think everything else was covered - nice story Bill.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 11:13 pm

I also had a great time in spite of breaking a bolt in the yoke on the front drive shaft. Thanks everyone who tried to help with tools and advise. After getting to the office Lynn let us use some power and break a couple of drill bits with no luck so I hopped in Mikes Toyota and my passenger Corey got in with Crazy Jimmy and we headed out to catch up with the rest of the group. All I have to say is for the "easy" group we sure had alot of damage in the end.

Me broken bolt in yoke
Mike (Toyota) broken frame
Tim many dents and spring damage
Son of Sam Muffler
Ed (Red YJ) Nothing
Jim Carb and stalling issues.

but we had a blast. Once I got off 83 onto 439 toward BelAir the ball joint death wobble got worse and I had to complete the trip home at speeds under 30 mph to control.

I don't think my co-worker Corey will be joining us again, he thinks we are all crazy for doing this.

Again thanks to all, and I will see you next outing.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 11:20 pm

got one question - how do you keep the dogs in the jeep? Mine bails regardless if hes on leash or not. He found out the hard way.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 9:10 am

When DD (Joe's dog) rides with me, we wrap her leash around the roll cage bar by my seat until she is limited in how far she can move. She doesn't try to jump out the window so she doesn't need to be limited too much but it could be wrapped until all she could do is lie down.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 9:26 am

Allium wrote:
got one question - how do you keep the dogs in the jeep? Mine bails regardless if hes on leash or not. He found out the hard way.
Maggie the dog is scared of the jump from inside the jeep to the ground, so she is pretty good about staying in. At check in at RC while I was waiting in line to pay she escaped from her collar and took off around the shed. At first I didn't recognize her. I remember thinking "Who would just let their dog run around loose like that?"...... Then I looked back to see her collar dangling from the Jeep.
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
crazyjimmy

Male
Number of posts : 66
Emploi : United States Navy Retired
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Not only are the Jeeps broke but ...   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 11:35 pm

We have been spending the last two days remmoving pop ups and a worm virus. I can actually thank the dauhgter for the worm, I think it came form some of her Sims downloads. Of course she doesn't agree.

Any way this machine is a fresh load.

The weekend event was cut short by a lot of carnage as stated previously. The Blues and the Greens was very mean to the group. We traveled on alot of trails and seen alot of Rausch. Unfortunately the trails saw alot of the softer parts of the Jeeps. In addition to the list of trails Mods (he he) Tim also had a vacuume line to his transfer case come off.

Because of the broken yoke we had split up into 2 groups of 3. We missed the turn around on the power line and almost ended in a different town

Tim is now 0 and 3 for the deep mud hole under the power lines. Three different Jeeps and still no light at the end of the tunnel.

I was really impressed with the Red Jeep and Ed's driving. He almost never used his locker and the Red Jeep just kept on going and going.

A special thanks go out to Rich and Tico for the Tech assist on the Yoke removal. Lynn was a big help also, she has amassed quite a pile of tools and parts.

All and all it was a great event, I forgot to call my mom on mothers day.
We spent most of Sunday towing Tim's and my Jeep home.

As Chris says, Corey will probably not come out again, he has no Rig and he is soon to married

I would do it all over again. I have transplanted more of that fine PA mud in my front lawn again.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:59 pm

I am sorry to have missed this trip, it never fails, green run have more carnage that advance. Hope we don't scare the rest of the newbees. Remember one thing if your vehicle has not been through these types of presure it is likely that carnage will occure as the weakes part will give. I myself have had so many weak points. It's all part of the sport. Like Tony singnature said "Pay to play" or stay home.

"Every adventure is a memory you can tell a story about and every story you tell will have new friends to remember." by Tico Carreras.

I hope to be running for the next one. See you guys then... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
mudboy2007
Open/Open
Open/Open
mudboy2007

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Hey comp is back up   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:12 pm

I had loads of fun, but you all have already told the story,

Breaks on me:

Both front springs
Both front U joints
Steering shock mount bent
Dent in passanger driver door
Driver front marker light torn off

Mud on my leather seats
Mud on my new carpets

So in short words

NO ROCKS TIM
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:45 pm

Link to my pics - sorry they took so long:

https://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/UPNOVERYJ/RC5-12-07/

P.S. if you ever need any extra hose like Tim needed for his vacuum line - check the radiator overflow hose. I had plenty of extra that I didn't need so we were able to cut a piece off for him that fit perfectly.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 11:28 pm

Cool Pics, Kat!
jeepchic
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 11:40 pm

Thanks for the pics, they where nice, but where are the juicy ones with the carnage? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 8:12 am

SHe rode with the hard group. No carnage there for the most part(except my passenger mirror). If you want carnage pictures then you have to ask the easy group. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:28 am

TicotheJeepMan wrote:
Thanks for the pics, they where nice, but where are the juicy ones with the carnage? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

My battery's were dead in the camera. I think Jim and Tim were the only ones shooting pictures.
Back to top Go down
mudboy2007
Open/Open
Open/Open
mudboy2007

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: photo and cost   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 12:00 pm

yes we have them justy need to get them,
done up at walmart

I did over $350 worth of damage to my front drive line
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 7:15 pm

Tim- I was at a u-pick junk yard today and they had a Grand Wagoneer. I did not have a chance to really look at it but if you want me to look for any parts let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07   Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Run Rausch Creek 5-12-07
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next