Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride

Go down 
+9
chics4jeeps
Rockn93YJ
Allium
makitupthehardway
MYYJROX
MaxRox
lloyder05
SLeach
The Devil Dog
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 5:45 pm

I was told that if you use the bridge type rear link that welds to the the tubea and the over the differential it would reduce the chance of bending the tubes. We just wheel to much! Twisted Evil

I just found that the lower control arms bushings are shot and it's what make me woble ont he road over 40MPH. So, I boiught new lower control arms for now until the new long arm kits gets installed. For the next several hours I will be installing them affraid affraid Shocked

I loved driving the jeep today in the sun shine all day today, just couldn't take her higher thaan 40 MPH. Sad

Right now I got to pick up my trailer and get the truck ready too.

Hey Von, hows your rig comming along? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 11:27 pm

Well I tried like hell to get the control arms off, no luck, I guess I have gotten weaker in my old age. I am bringin them along just in case. GOD is the only one that can help me tomorrow on the trails from keeping me in line, Bill I would value your opinion as well as Nesters when I show you what it is doing, its wild...shift into reverse and the whole diff moves, atributed to the control arm is the only thing I can see, but I need another pair of eyes to look at it.

I'll be taking a chance tomorrow, so we will see. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:13 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Yeah well blowing up a Dana 35 is a cake walk. .

Funny you mention that. That is exactly what Tico did on Camelback this saturday. Tried to gently bump it on the steep hill in the middle and it snapped the drivers side axle shaft.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:22 am

Well that sucks. Hope he had a spair.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:32 am

"Well that sucks. Hope he had a spair."

Nope. But picture doing this shortly after lunch on the spot furtherst from the staging area. Theres a decent pic on the meetup page showing where a jack handle was wedged in the wheel, strapped to the axle then the whole wheel rachetted in to hold it from walking out. Then he three wheeled it out leaving a nice drag line. Made it a good distance before he snapped the strap and then snapped the handle. As they used to say in the army - It was good training!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:06 am

Nice pictures. I guess the day ended at the rear axle snapping.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:08 pm

Yeap!, once the hi-lift tube broke in half, I had no choice but to get the truck and bring it in as close as possible to where I ended up, fortunately, I got as far as the E trail and made it easier for me to drive the truck and the trailer back to recover my rig. The next mroning Bill and Paul pulled out the axle and shure enough, broke off in the tube at the spine point. I just didn't want to mess with it thereafter. I left it on the truck and rode with paul and Chris Looyd and his friends. With just the two of us, we rode the blacks and reds, covered much of the park then call it a day at 3PM.

Bill it would have been your kind of day, we did the entire 5 trail, found a new one off of C trail and then hit the South property again.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:00 pm

3 weekends in a row doing blacks & nothing broken! I love my Jeep! Dave had a good time on Saturday. Don't think he'll be back out again anytime soon but at least he doesn't hate wheelin anymore. mbn Thanks to those who contributed to that. Randy, it was nice to FINALLY get to ride together. We WILL do it again! Bill, as always, thanks for spotting me as only you know how! 9

Here is the link to my pics and the video of Randy on Pitman Rock & also the link to the pics taken the week before. Von & Danny both tried to get up Pitman Rock too that day. Congrats Randy for being the only one to make it! sdsfhhgdigdhfo

https://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/UPNOVERYJ/RC6-9-07/

https://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/UPNOVERYJ/RC6-3-07/
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:29 pm

Tico here some rears for you a local guy
http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825094

buy both you may need a spare front lol!
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:40 pm

This picture is insane! It's that Jeep God I always talk about!

June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 ?action=view&current=IMG_0205

That trail makes me want to get in my Jeep and go to Rausch NOW!! I like the looks of the Pitman rock...i don't think i've ever been on those trails although everything is so much different looking without snow everywhere. Just as I thought I was ok taking a bit of time off from wheeling I had to see these pics...sorry I missed out it looked like a great time.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: CLOSING THIS THREAD!   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:27 am

OK, the rest of the information for this trip will be posted on the trail stories section. There are lots of pictures to see and movies too. THANKS TO ALL THAT SHOWED.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:33 am

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
This picture is insane! It's that Jeep God I always talk about!

Isn't that a creepy pic? I guess if it's the Jeep God then I should be happy that he was watching over me & keeping me from breaking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride   June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 9th Rausch Creek trail ride
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2