Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Dana 30 Cover bolts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Dana 30 Cover bolts Empty
PostSubject: Dana 30 Cover bolts   Dana 30 Cover bolts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:06 pm

My Dana 30 in the Grand Cherokee busted 3 bolts out of the diff cover.scratch Can't explain how or what happend. But I have not been able to find any replacements at Lowes or Home Depo. If anyone have some please let me know ASAP, I got to get this vehicle back on the road ASAP! Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Dana 30 Cover bolts   Dana 30 Cover bolts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Is the rest of the bolt still in there? Pull one of the good bolts and take it with you to lowes or home depot. Or check Tractor Supply company if you have one around your area. Someone should have a D30 laying around.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Dana 30 Cover bolts   Dana 30 Cover bolts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 11:21 am

Tico take the good ones and put them on the bottom side of the diff. You should be able to find them at the hardware store. If not there is always the dealership they shouldn't be much.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Dana 30 Cover bolts   Dana 30 Cover bolts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 11:58 am

Thanks guys, I did find a set in the Pepboys store. However, the problem is even deeper, the bolt broke and left the other half in it. If I drill it, what type of drill would be good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Dana 30 Cover bolts   Dana 30 Cover bolts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 2:29 pm

I have some that you can have out of an old d30 I have at the shop.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Dana 30 Cover bolts   Dana 30 Cover bolts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:24 pm

if you don't have experience with the drill and extractor set then you bettter take it to someone that can do it for you. It is very easy to drill it out but it is easy to break off the extractor and then you have a bigger problem.
Back to top Go down
ajspence26
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dana 30 Cover bolts   Dana 30 Cover bolts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:30 pm

TicotheJeepMan wrote:
Thanks guys, I did find a set in the Pepboys store. However, the problem is even deeper, the bolt broke and left the other half in it. If I drill it, what type of drill would be good?

i just had a similar issue with 4 back seat bolts ( i broke all 4 of them). i used standard HSS (high speed steel) bits and they worked great... from what i believe you dont want to use carbon steel on metal. started with a small bit and used a drill at low speeds then went to a large and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana 30 Cover bolts   Dana 30 Cover bolts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dana 30 Cover bolts
Page 1 of 1