Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Tighten those bolts again!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Tighten those bolts again! Empty
PostSubject: Tighten those bolts again!   Tighten those bolts again! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:27 am

Just a reminder to those that have installed that new lift kit or off road accesssory in the last 6 months. Even after torqued to specs the bolts will work their way loose especially if you didn't use locktite. I've seen pitman arms, control arm bolts, track bar bolts etc come loose on their own over the years of wheeling. This past weekend I went over the jeep again since I will be driving it on the road in NC at jeeps on the beach and did all my fluid changes, lubed all the joints and driveshafts and put a socket on all suspension bolts. all of the suspension bolts were tight except the one on the torque arm. The torque arm nut could be turned by hand but looked ok on visual inspection. I had a very small barely perceivable "thump" with braking that got me thinking about mounting hardware and decided to go over everything. Yes the "thump" did go away after tightening it back down.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Tighten those bolts again!   Tighten those bolts again! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:47 am

Good post. I noticed yesterday while pulling the draglink off that a nut on the passenger control arm was MISSING.... I should have done this a week ago.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Tighten those bolts again!   Tighten those bolts again! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 1:16 pm

I had bolt disapear on a trail ride some how. thanks to bill we found a bolt that would work. but it had already caused a whole bunch of other damage, ever since I always check everything about once a month. and carry some extra bolts
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tighten those bolts again!   Tighten those bolts again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tighten those bolts again!
Page 1 of 1