Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Here is the info from the forum. also the web site announces the next montly ride in Zion Grove PA.

"Just to give you a heads up, we will be starting the Monthly Ride again in July. It will again be the first weekend of the month. We will be limiting it to a certain number of vehicles. Registration on the website will still need to be done, however, payment/deposit will be required to guarantee your spot. We should have the new link up on the website by June 11. So keep your eyes posted on the front page.

MORE INFO

Paragon Adventure Park presents Paragon Proving Grounds. This is a new location for dealership outings, large events and specialized group rides. This new area is geared toward SUV/4x4 vehicles. Sorry, no ATV/dirt bikes at this time. We plan to acquire more land in the near future for ATV/dirt bikes.

This new location has a beautiful setting. It is close to the Hazleton hotels and right next door to the Red Ridge Lake Campground.

This location will be guided to all groups as the trails are not easy to follow. The cost of the guide is included in your admission price.

We are taking reservations for groups/events. These reservations are on a first come first serve basis and are already being booked. If you are interested in a date, please contact us at reservations@paragonap.com.

Please don’t misunderstand; this is not a replacement to our Oak Ridge Road location. The terrain and layout are very different. You are not riding around a campground all day. However, there is not a lot of “crazy” stuff. The trails range from level 1 to level 5. We are not gearing this toward the buggies and rock crawlers. This is a true trail riding area.

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail reservations@paragonap.com.

We thank you all for your support and for sticking with us through this trying time.

2007 Pricing

Weekday Pricing – Prices include trail guide

Flat rate $500 up to 10 vehicles; each additional vehicle is $45 per vehicle and $5 per passenger

Saturday/Sunday Pricing – Prices include trail guide

Flat rate $750 up to 15 vehicles; each additional vehicle is $45 per vehicle and $5 per passenger

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 9:04 am

So who all is going on the monthly run?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:57 pm

HEY VON CHECK THIS OUT! following a thread on the Paragon forum about the new trails at the new paragon. topic was about the terrain.

"A lot has to do with the weather. We have an easier trail that has a huge mud spot that everyone will have to winch. With this rain, that's probably going to be the case.

No rock climbing, but there are obstacles. There are also bypasses to a lot of those obstacles though (but not all). Our hardest trail we consider a black to most people. Now you may be able to down grade them just a bit if you are very modified and a very experienced driver."
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 6:48 pm

that is some heavy fees! And you can't guide yourself:scratch:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 9:26 pm

Tico the park is smaller and not completely setup. Plus i'm sure they are paying more and trying to generate funds for more land.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:48 pm

That may be, but they should make the fee more reasonable, not collect all up front. Anyone been there lately to see what wee have for play area and is it worth the trip?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 2:13 pm

Here is a thread about it in another Club. Some where there for the Nor'easter

http://christiancrawlers.org/forum/index.php?topic=1029.new#new
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:38 pm

Tico, I have to agree. I hate to be one to bitch and complain about fees but to me when I read the post it was a slap in the face. $50 to wheel half ass trails?! I've been debating whether or not to post my opinion on it and after seeing your post i had to add my worthless .02 cents!!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:43 am

Okay well i see where everyone is not happy with the cost of running the new park. Its not what we used to have nor do we have the ablity to just show up and run the park at free will. BUT COME ON ITS PARAGON!!!!! We all hate the fact that the old park got shut down but we need to help support the park so that hopefully we will soon or one of these days get a bigger and better Paragon. KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I will pay 50 bucks to help a good cause to help with finding new places to wheel. If we do get a large group together to go, count me in. okay i'm done thats my .02 cents
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:15 am

I understand it's a new beginning and all but I think $50 is discouraging. If it were $30 or $35 I'd feel good and positive about helping and supporting in any way I can but I think after the support they recieved makes $50 a rig a slap in the face. It'd be one thing to say hey listen all the trails are kind of weak right now and we're counting on our community to rebuild, however, due to the fees we incur as a business we are required to increase our rate to $50/rig. I don't know but the $50 doesn't settle well with me, and again, i hate to bitch about it because i always hated hearing the whiners about paying to wheel. blahhhhhh blahhhhhh blahhhh...guess this makes .04 cents?
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 1:38 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Okay well i see where everyone is not happy with the cost of running the new park. Its not what we used to have nor do we have the ablity to just show up and run the park at free will. BUT COME ON ITS PARAGON!!!!! We all hate the fact that the old park got shut down but we need to help support the park so that hopefully we will soon or one of these days get a bigger and better Paragon. KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I will pay 50 bucks to help a good cause to help with finding new places to wheel. If we do get a large group together to go, count me in. okay i'm done thats my .02 cents

Ditto
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:36 pm

the trails are not completely marked and not easy to follow yet, still under construction. I suppose they could mark it better and just let you go but with all the construction going on I"m not suprised. $50 includes the cost of the guide. I'm in no hurry to get up there just yet. I might get up there once this year though and wont be too upset about it. look at the cost for big dogs.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Big Dogs is $68 for the weekend and all their trails are marked and you get a guide. Just my opinion on Paragon I figured it would cause a stir that's why I didn't say anything before.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:51 pm

$68 + $25 (per person land use fee)= $93 for one person. suddenly it looks almost even.
Paragon= new stuff and yeah it's not red trails but there are some black obstacles. Also there isn't the additonal person land use fee.

Big Dogs= terrain as hard as you can handle but $25 per person land use fee) I strongly oppose the per person land use fee. For my family of four to go and enjoy the weekend it would cost $168 for a 2 day weekend.
For a 3 day event it would cost me $35 per person land use fee and $78 sign up fee for a grand total of $218! Nice job now my brain hurts. I can never take the family down to enjoy big dogs because it is cost prohibitive. I know they would enjoy the lake and the wheeling but not at that cost. Paragon looks much better all of a sudden.

Now having said that I will be attending the Main Jambo in Sept. but will be leaving the family home. so $78+35=$113. And it looks like maybe next year I will get the annual pass to Rausch.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:52 pm

By the way, go ahead and cause a stir. its what this country is made of and many soldiers have died for. Freedom of speech! Let your voice be heard and don't keep it inside, if you do I know a good therapist. king
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 9:21 pm

You know that reminds me about Big Dogs. I didn't deliberatley leave out the $25 fee but from when I first registered I was under the impression that it was a camping fee. When I got there I discovered it was $50 and I was kind of surprised but I thought it was a 2 day camping fee - $25/night. Truth be told I was a few beers deep by the time I forked over any extra dough past the $68 and after 2-3 hours of waiting in line I didn't care.

Again my problem with Paragon is that I'd be completley fine with a $50 fee but I think I disagree more with the way it was done. I just think about the "final paragon run" and it was amazing to be apart of and great to see how many people were there supporting not only paragon but kyle and steph. It just feels wrong to me now the way the park was opened...I would have rather seen something like another support event or more of an explanation or hey we know the price has gone up but bear with us it's part of the process. Like I said I can't explain the way I felt after reading your original post any better than saying that it felt like a slap in the face.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:27 pm

agreed. I am a charter member through another club and still don'tknow the benefit yet. I used to wheel for just $15/day as a charter member so I feel your pain.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 11:24 am

amen to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PARAGON IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1