Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

tranny fluid ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-30

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 9:43 am

im just wondering what tranny fluid you guys are running.........thanks cameron
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 9:54 am

Have you already made arrangements to get your vehicle fixed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:05 pm

yeah me and mark put the engine in yesterday it running strong except for a some hi picthed sound comin from the new cluch i think its the pilot bearing forgot to grease it so now ive got to drop the tranny because thiers no way im takin the engine back out .hows your rig workin you get that axle fixed yet Tico
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:30 pm

I just came across some tech articles on trans fluid and thought they were pretty interesting...i just quickly searched and this was the first forum discussion i came across, however, not the original ones i saw on jeeps unlimited and the other big forums. Here's a link to this one just as an idea to the controversy and which trans fluid to actually run. It sounded like the Redline was a good choice from the first forum I read and I was looking for fluid for the AX15.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-2811.html
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 pm

I don't think it matters for you what kind you use. if you go above the frame often enough you will fill the tranny with water and have to change it anyway.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:01 am

yeah with as deep as you had that thing you should drain and fill everything! hell I would even clean out the wiper wash. Did you change the clutch? If not if your jeep has High miles I would look in to that.
Back to top Go down
killerisdead
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
killerisdead

Male

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: in to deep   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 12:37 pm

new cluch changed all the fluid and it wasnt that deep not even up to the high water line in the cab i just hit it to fast so eather i need go slow or put a snorkel on it ............i vote snorkle..........but the reason i asked the question is that ive heared that gl 5 will kill the syncs in the tran and that i should use gl 3 .but i used lucas oil thats rated for both and that bothers me it shifts fine for now and better then before.so we will see
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:37 pm

That's what i read about the GL-5. I'm thinking I might put lucas in mine. I've seen it work wonders. A question I have is that if anybody else has problems with the AX15 shifting into 2nd on cold mornings. This seems to be a very common problem and I'm wondering if Lucas or something similar will help - I think it would
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:32 pm

130k miles on my ax15 and no shifting problems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tranny fluid ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tranny fluid ?   tranny fluid ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tranny fluid ?
Page 1 of 1