Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Von and Jon tranny fix!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Von and Jon tranny fix! Empty
PostSubject: Von and Jon tranny fix!   Von and Jon tranny fix! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Ford Explorer Blows Fluid

Q. Good Day Vince, I have written to you about the problem I have had with my Explorer and your assistance has been very helpful. I am still having the following problem. I was driving home the other day and the transmission started slipping as I was going up an incline of about 30° when I noticed a cloud of smoke.

When I finally coasted to a stop in front of my house and lifted the hood I found that the transmission dip stick was pushed up out of the tube and it looked like the transmission fluid was being blown out of the tube. I am fairly confident I need to replace the transmission but I am curious as to why it would blow fluid out the dip stick tube.

1991 Ford Explorer
4.0 liter
Automatic transmission 4X4
167,100 miles
Thank you for all you do to help.
Donato

A. There is a Case Vent on the top of the transmission. This allows air to move in and out of the transmission as the fluid inside the transmission heats up and expands. If this vent is clogged, the transmission will build up pressure and blow out the dipstick tube.

Before I condemn the transmission, I would replace the Case Vent along with a fluid and filter change and try it. There's a 50/50 chance that this may correct the slipping problem.

Another thing to do is to pull the vacuum line off the Throttle Control Valve If transmission fluid runs out it is bad and needs to be replaced.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Von and Jon tranny fix!   Von and Jon tranny fix! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:41 pm

I take it von puked trans fluid again.

I would try to get a new trans this is not right or safe.

Last time at RC von was allmost burned and it was very close to my jeep with Holly in it.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Von and Jon tranny fix!   Von and Jon tranny fix! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:05 pm

No, he didn't have that problem again....the buggy ran fine with the new transmission coolers. It is just something Bill is recommending that they check.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Von and Jon tranny fix!   Von and Jon tranny fix! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:23 am

yeah i had no problems at all with the tranny this time out, i even pulled the dipstick out and checked it while on the trail ( everything was fine) . the thing is when i tried hells hole and had to winch up. my buggy was still running, by the time i got to the top my tranny was making a wining sound when i reved it up and it was slipping some. i checked all the fluids and everything is ok.( it still has that sound only when i rev it ). any body have any ideas what it might be? i will show jon this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Von and Jon tranny fix!   Von and Jon tranny fix! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Von and Jon tranny fix!
Page 1 of 1