Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Tranny boot on CJ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Tranny boot on CJ Empty
PostSubject: Tranny boot on CJ   Tranny boot on CJ Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 4:57 pm

Was under the CJ today greasing the fittings and doing a general look around. There's a boot on the side of the tranny that links into the clutch pedal...well the boot is tore up. I want to bring it this weekend but is this going to be an issue? Don't know what to expect when I get into some water/mud. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Tranny boot on CJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny boot on CJ   Tranny boot on CJ Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 5:48 pm

Is it where the linkage joins together? If so its just to keep dirt out. Check with mdcj7 to be positive.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Tranny boot on CJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny boot on CJ   Tranny boot on CJ Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Check with Paul T. he is the best source of info on CJ's. I know some but never owning one my info is limited.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

Tranny boot on CJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny boot on CJ   Tranny boot on CJ Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:54 pm

chics4jeeps wrote:
Was under the CJ today greasing the fittings and doing a general look around. There's a boot on the side of the tranny that links into the clutch pedal...well the boot is tore up. I want to bring it this weekend but is this going to be an issue? Don't know what to expect when I get into some water/mud. Any thoughts?

The boot is around the clutch fork They don't last long I replace mine and it is riping already. it will not keep water out just heavy mud. Should not cause you any problem. easy to replace if you can get it at a parts store. Just drop the ajustment rod from the clutch fork and pull the old boot off and put on the new boot. Then put the rod back in the notch on the fork.
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Tranny boot on CJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny boot on CJ   Tranny boot on CJ Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 11:56 pm

Great, thanks...gonna fix it after this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tranny boot on CJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny boot on CJ   Tranny boot on CJ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tranny boot on CJ
Page 1 of 1