Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

front axle winch pulley?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

front axle winch pulley? Empty
PostSubject: front axle winch pulley?   front axle winch pulley? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:53 am

Plan is to install a Bullydog 3000# winch on the passenger side frame above the front axle. the line will be run down through a pulley on the 9" axle and back up to the drivers side frame rail. Any idea what strength/size the pulley should be? Definitely needs to be no slop in the pulley side to side so the cable doesnt become pinched. Also any ideas where to get one? I'm thinking tractor supply store.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

front axle winch pulley? Empty
PostSubject: Re: front axle winch pulley?   front axle winch pulley? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 1:32 pm

I was going to try and use my front winch to do it, so I was going to use a pulley used for climbing because they are aluminum and would be better for synthetc rope, and you can get them small and fat to be able to handle 3/8 rope. All the ones we have at our tractor parts store that can handle 3/8 are also big pulleys. worth a try to look at the tractor supply it would probably be cheaper
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

front axle winch pulley?
Page 1 of 1