Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Shake down run

Go down 
+3
The Devil Dog
Rockn93YJ
md4wheelin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:25 pm

I'm going to have a shake down run @ RC on 9/2 to make sure everything thats upgraded on the grand is working right and is ready to go For Big dogs. I was going to play up at the comp course for a while and run a couple blue and black trails. Dont want to run nothing to complicated so as not to break anything expensive right before Big Dogs. Probley going to be a short day but anyones welcome to come.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:38 pm

would love to but the tubing for my control arms wont be in until the 27th. then again.... we'll see. 3 days I don't think is enough to finish though.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:44 pm

If I ever get the tires replace on my trailer I could run with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:35 pm

Hey Joe count me in. I'm going to want to try out a couple of things on the YJ. But whatever we are running is going to be semi hard to hard trails but alot of flex and stress test on the rigs.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:39 pm

Hmmm...this is a possiblity. Maybe I'd come up a bit later and meet you guys there to avoid at 7 am wake up!!

I pretty sure I'm getting a trailer before Big Dogs so we'll see how that works out and where I'm at for $$$$. Anybody have any recommendations for a good place to buy new trailers? I found a 15' open deck tandem, electric brakes for like $1850 new. That looks like a good option, however, I'm afraid it might be a little short so a 18' might be a better choice and they're not much more expensive. The key for me is getting something light.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: re   Shake down run Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 7:56 pm

15 ft is plenty for a wrangler.. I got rid of a 20 and went to a 15 and it made life so much easier. I paid 2500 for my 15 but it is a steel flat deck.

go to godragracing.com and look on their forum.. There are always trailers for sale Sad except when i was looking so i bought new. Cheapest place I found for a quality made trailer was Dave's in Glen Burnie Maryland.

What is a wranglers wheelbase? My buggy is 102 and I can send you a picture showing how much room is left and how it sits if you need it.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:26 pm

the cheapest trailers I found are here http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks guys!

So far i've found

http://www.allprowest.com/
http://www.kutzfarm.com/
http://www.appalachianmfg.com/

I have 1 other which was the cheapest but the link is in the office.

Thanks for the info on the 15' matt, it was a relief! I have an 05 pathfinder that's rated to tow 6,000lb so every lb counts. Looks like an 18' close deck is going to be aroun 2300. I tow at least once or twice a week with a tow dolly so I might end up using the car hauler trailer instead besides hualing the pos jeep!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:31 am

I just got my friends tow dolly this week. I hope it does well towing the jeep up to PA. if I like it he will sell it to me for 400 bucks and if I dont then I take it back and he will be cool. I want a trailer but since the Jeep is getting 15+ mpg and the van empty gets 13 on a good day a trailer will kill me in gas cost. The dolly seems like a good idea. We will see.

Nick I'm all for the late start and just a BS run to test the rigs out.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:17 am

I like it! Lets say meeting anywhere between 10am - noon and run from there. BSing and working out the bugs...sounds like a great plan to me. I still vote for a later start than 9am especially for you MD, VA guys. My biggest discouraging factor to club runs was early starts so an accelarated run from 12-5 instead of 9-4 always gets my vote. It just seems that 40% of your time on a 9am start is wasted. I know i get pissy with an hour drive...can't imagine a 2+hour drive with a 9am meeting. Just my miserable grumpy bastard .02 cents.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:12 am

my trailer came from Kaufmantrailersales.com and it is a good trailer. it takes at least 6 weeks to get the trailer as they build to order and then another week or two for the guy to deliver it.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 10:27 am

here is another link, we purchased our 34 ft trailer from them, it does take some time to get in though www.rockspringshardware.com phone 1800 858-0288
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:32 am

Try 2 1/2 to 3 hour ride from VA to have everyone waiting on you and you miss breakfast. Sad Its okay in the long run as long as I'm not stuck doing trail repairs all day then driving home tops it off.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:33 am

I'll be playin up in the comp course most the morning so its not a prob if you want to get there late. Also tico if you need to borow a trailer for that weekend let me know.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:40 pm

So are you guys still up for this run? I might be able to pull it off I have to help my brother move tomorrow but sunday is open.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:57 pm

I'm out. Sunday I'll take a break from the jeep build and go golfing.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:32 pm

I'm 50/50 on this. I went to put the cage back in today and got new bolts but they weren't the right thread so hopefully tomorrow I get the bolts. I just don't want to put the torx back in...about half of them survived, but I should get the cage all in tomorrow.

As for sunday, i'm thinking it would be good to get out but it'd be nice to just sit around home and drink some beers too. Put it this way, don't count on me going, if i make it i make it.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:35 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
I'll be playin up in the comp course most the morning so its not a prob if you want to get there late. Also tico if you need to borow a trailer for that weekend let me know.
Are you talking about the ADA Weekend or this SUnday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:25 pm

we were talking about this weekend. It looks like i'm out for this one the jeep won't be back together in time. But I just relized I had my dates mixed up, B.D. is two weekends away, not next weekened. So i'll probly take this weekened to make sure the jeep is together properly then have a shake down run next sunday before B.D.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:07 am

Hey Joe I know I say this everytime but if I dont work on my buddies jeep I might run up there and help you. If nothing else someone has to help you drink your beer and make smart comments king 7
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 8:54 pm

i'll have some beer waiting for you then king
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 12:17 am

Okay cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shake down run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shake down run   Shake down run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shake down run
Page 1 of 1